It wouldn’t be the holidays without loads of gingerbread, would it? Does the traditional gingerbread houses make you cringe with fear of messy disaster? No worries! This is a HUGE list of stress-free gingerbread activities that families will love!
I asked a group of super-talented moms to give me their best of their best gingerbread activities — and I’m sharing them with you! Get ready to have a yummy-smelling house that’s also colorful and full of giggles!
These activities are also perfect for a family fun night — something that I’m a HUGE fan of!
Enjoy these ideas, and if we left out your family’s favorite gingerbread activity, be sure to let us know!
Best Gingerbread Activities for Families
- Favorite gingerbread cookies. These are so cute! They would be perfect to make for friends ann family. Toss them in a holiday tin for gift giving cuteness!
- Our secret trick. Check out a friend of mine’s secret trick to making gingerbread houses without all the stress!
- Gingerbread graham crackers. Keep it simple by making these gingerbread graham crackers!
- Gingerbread garland. Make your house skip with holiday cheer by decking it with this super-cute Diy gingerbread garland.
- Gingerbread busy bags. Keep the toddlers and preschoolers busy and happy with these Gingerbread busy bags. These are great to have on hand when other family activities are above a young child’s level.
- Recyclables gingerbread house. I absolutely love this cardboard gingerbread house that’s made from recyclables — and it lights up! It’s too cute to miss!
- Play date. Make your next play date even more fun with this gingerbread play date idea!
- Gingerbread Ornaments. Your kids will love making these gingerbread ornmanets — and they’ll love hanging them on the tree too!
- Scented ornaments. Love the gingerbread scent? Enjoy it all holiday long with these scented gingerbread ornaments.
- Play dough. Yep! Even your child’s play dough can have a gingerbread look and scent! Don’t believe me? Just check out this gingerbread play dough recipe!
- Educational printables. The holidays is still a perfect time for kids to learn. Make it fun with these gingerbread learning printables.
- Educational games. Keep learning fun and festive with this gingerbread pocket chart game.
- A complete “how to.” Need some extra instructions on making some adorable gingerbread houses? This article has all the directions you need!
- Sandpaper ornaments. Make scented sandpaper gingerbread men ornaments with your family!
- Gingerbread men, stars and Christmas trees. Get all those printables right here to have some holiday fun with your family!
Enjoy your holiday season — and may it be sprinkled with loads of gingerbread!