School’s out! That means easy summer lunch ideas for moms and kids are a must-have! Kids and moms need more time to enjoy the summer weather, crazy vacations and of course — catching fireflies!
To give you and your kids a stress-free summer with lots of yummy food, I’m offering you a huge list of ideas that will be a winner with moms and kids!
Easy Summer Lunch Ideas for Moms and Kids
- Italian skillet. Oh yeah. This is my go-to meal during the week! I’ve been making it for years and no one is tired of it yet!
- Quesadillas. This is one of those fun ideas I wish I had com up with sooner! Easy and versatile, each kid can pick out their very own flavors for a personalized quesadilla.
- Chuck E. Cheese’s. Yes, definitely! This kid-friendly restaurant has just rolled out an awesome lunch buffet that’s summer budget friendly! Oh, wait! You’ve NEVER been there? Ok. Take a few minutes and enter below for a chance to win a $100 gift card to Chuck E. Cheese’s! It’s an easy-peasy giveaway that I want YOU to win! My kids and I just headed there the other week and had a blast! My daughter is on a strict, gluten-free diet and guess what? They even had gluten-free pizza! They served it on a separate pan and even had a separated pizza cutter that was labeled gluten-free. She was one happy pizza-eater that day!
This buffet is available Monday-Friday from 11am-3pm. The buffet costs $5.99 per adult and $3.99 per child — how’s that for a budget-savvy mom?
The buffet offered a variety of pizza options including the limited-time Spaghetti & Meatball pizza. Yes, my kids loved that fun and quirky option! But adults seem to favor the Cali-Alfredo Pizza.
The buffet is also a great way to taste the new Thin & Crispy pizza — which was my favorite! Plus the staff was beyond helpful. They kept checking on our family to see if there were any flavors of pizza we wanted to see on the buffet. We didn’t have any suggestions because we were more than happy with the available selection — and I was more than happy that all the pizza was made fresh — not made from frozen, boxed pizza!
Of course, you can’t visit Chuck E. Cheese’s without playing games! OK, ok. I like them too! I’m a little competitive when it comes to skee ball!
I think we stayed for an hour and a half just playing games! Then the kids headed over and grabbed some fun toys to finish off our special lunch day! Oooh! And our local Chuck E. Cheese’s also offered cotton candy, which was made right in front of the kids and Dippin’ Dots! Now, that’s a perfectly completed, awesome summer day with those fun food items!
- Stove-top Bacon Shells and Cheese. We never use the box macaroni and cheese anymore after diving into this recipe! The tiny pieces of bacon make this recipe top notch!
- Easy Sloppy Joes. Move over canned sauce! This homemade, super-simple recipe will knock your kids’ socks off! And do me a teensy, weeny favor? Add a slice of cheese on these babies!
- Tater Tot Nachos. These are really popular on Pinterest right now! Head on over and find out why!
- Meatless burritos. Just a few simple ingredients get this easy summer lunch on the table!
What easy summer lunch ideas so you have? Share them with us on Facebook!
Ready to take a trip to Chuck E. Cheese’s? Enter the giveaway below for a chance to win a $100 gift card! You’re welcome, Pint-sized Treasures’ fans!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Chuck E. Cheese’s. The opinions and text are all mine.