*This post was sponsored by Sam’s Club, however, the text and opinions are all my own.*
Being a new mom is tough. So many transitions and hurdles are involved when you bring a tiny newborn home. Don’t worry, moms! This survival guide is sure to help cut the stress and assist you in transitioning into that “new happy mom” look you’re hoping for!
Before my first baby all I could think about was the pregnancy, labor and delivery. When the nurses first placed my son in my arms, reality hit: I’m a new mom and I have no idea how to survive motherhood — with a smile!
There are tons of things I wish someone told me before I was a mom. I wish I was more prepared. I wish I knew that I didn’t have to listen to everyone’s advice — because they were all conflicting! I wish I knew that I could take it one day at a time and that the first few months of motherhood would whizz by and I would want to grow to miss those sweet beginnings when it was just my baby and me cuddling in the rocking chair.
Enjoy this new mom survival guide and may your journey as a new mom be the best one yet!
New Mom Survival Guide
- Drink tons of water. Your body needs to stay hydrated as you have lost lots of liquid and some of you may be breast-feeding as well. Keep the water coming and you’ll be grateful you did!
- Take baby steps. When it comes to jumping back into your daily routine, start slow. Don’t rush to give your house a spring cleaning. Instead, just keep things tidy for about six weeks. Then you can start scrubbing the tub and picking weeds again. Also, don’t jump back into exercising until you get the go ahead from your doctor. I know it’s frustrating to wait, but it’s best for you — and your baby!
- Find the best deals for diapers, wipes and formula. If you’re unable to breastfeed, you will be shocked at how much infant formula costs and just how difficult it is to find the one that suits your baby’s physical needs. Also, in the beginning days, babies race through diapers. The diaper supply becomes more manageable after about two months. What’s my suggestion? Join Sam’s Club® Win With Mom Program and enjoy all their perks for new moms.
Let me share a quick, personal story with you. For some reason, I have never been able to breast-feed my babies past six months. And I tried everything to keep producing breastmilk. I pumped, drank special herb teas, drank more liquid, rested more and almost any “remedy” people and doctors recommended. But it didn’t work. Sigh. So, I eventually had to choose a good formula.
Since infant formula is what my baby’s diet solely consists of during the first six months of life, I have wanted only the gentlest of formulas. Sam’s Club® has a gentle formula and it’s an awesome deal!
And I also spied a great deal on huge packs of baby wipes — something that I use for everything! You’ll love keeping a huge stock of these at home because they’re great for almost everything in babydom.
And diapers? For me, only Huggies will do. Sam’s Club® also has a great, money-saving deal on those. And don’t worry — you’ll always need a HUGE stock of those to keep you going!
And if you’ve never set foot in Sam’s Club® before, let me just tell you a few perks of being a new mom when you join Sam’s Club®.
- When you join Sam’s Club® Win With Mom Program, you get a bundle of savings. Within 14 days of membership, you receive $80 in savings on baby items like diapers, wipes, formula, etc. Now that’s fun and frugal shopping!
- You enjoy everyday savings on baby items. Even though you pay for a larger pack of supplies for your baby, it costs you less per unit (diaper, bottle of formula, etc.)
- Sam’s Club® carries favorite brands AND high quality private brands at an equal quality for a lower price. Example: Member’s Mark formula has the same ingredients as other top national brands. Sam’s Club carries Huggies, Diaper Genie, Aveeno Baby Wash, Desitin Diaper Rash Cream, Johnson and Johnson Baby Wash and Lotion. Where would new moms be without those beloved brands?
- Convenience of samsclub.com. Spend more time with your baby, and family, at home! Yep — you can even use your membership to save and shop online!
- Sleep when your baby sleeps. The dishes can wait until you and your baby are awake. Just give them a quick rinse and come back to them when you can keep your baby in an infant swing or bouncy seat. She’ll have fun and you’ll be able to get your cleaning done!
- Don’t turn away help. If someone offers to help, don’t feel guilty about saying you could really use some. If someone offers, they probably really want to help! Laundry, meals and even baby care are all things that a friend or family member can all help with. Many of them have had babies themselves and understand about this life event.
- Get out for a little bit. Even if it’s just for a walk around the yard or a short drive to your favorite coffee shop, get out for a little bit. Your spouse or close friend will probably be more than happy to watch the baby for a little bit. It helps to get some fresh air outside your home!
Enjoy your new journey of motherhood and may this new mom survival kit make it the best mom journey ever!
Sam’s Club provides big savings for growing families, join and get $80 in special savings on baby basics.
This post was sponsored by Sam’s Club, however, the text and opinions are all my own.