Want to get a “high five” from the kids in the morning? I know it’s tough for kids to love the morning, but these quick breakfast cookie recipes will do just the trick!
Maybe my kids are the only cookie monsters on the planet, but when they wake up and see cookies sitting on the table for breakfast they get a dazed grin on their faces. There’s even been a few times when my kiddos spied the breakfast cookies and turned around and yelled up the stairs, “It’s not eggs this morning!” That special announcement invoked a small stampede from the other kids who came romping down the stairs.
But here’s a secret for parents: most breakfast cookie recipe are healthy! Sure, your kids are getting cookies, but breakfast cookies are not your regular sugar cookie recipe. They are often packed full of fruit and protein.
Oooh! And don’t forget this: most breakfast cookies are freezer-friendly. That means you can have a baking day and bake them ahead, sleep in and still serve a crazy-awesome breakfast to your family. Breakfast troubles solved!
Enjoy wearing the super-parent cape this week when you serve your kiddos breakfast cookies! Be sure to come back and tell me which recipe they loved the most!
20 Quick Breakfast Cookie Recipes
- White Chocolate Banana Cookies frommywholefoodlife.com makes me want to wake up earlier!
- Healthy Blueberry Muffin Breakfast Cookies from foodfaithfitness.com are sure to be a fave with muffin and cookie fans!
- Chocolate Raspberry Baked Oatmeal Cups from jessicainthekitchen.com look irresistible!
- Banana Oatmeal and Chocolate chip cookies only use three ingredients! Now, that’s my kind of cookie!
- Healthy Cinnamon Carrot Cookies from baking-ginger.com sound like a carrot cake fan’s best friend.
- Caramel Apple Bars from goodiegodmother.com are sure to be a hit — I know this baker myself and her recipes are ahh-mazing!
- Monster Cookies from chewoutloud.com soothe all the cookie monster;’s morning cravings.
- Lemon Blackberry Breakfast Cookies (gluten, Egg, And Dairy-free) will fit almost any special needs diet!
- Vegan Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies from twopeasandtheirpod.com include my fave ingredient not matter what season it is — pumpkin!
- Healthy Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies from yummyhealthyeasy.com give everyone a fresh, healthy start.
- Oatmeal Raisin Breakfast Cookies from backtothebooknutrition.com pass all the healthy mom tests with flying colors!
- Breakfast Cookies from jessicainthekitchen.com only use one bowl. Listen mamas — one bowl!! You’re trying this one first, right?!
- Healthy No Bake Giant Peanut Butter Breakfast Cookies from thebigmansworld.com remind me that cookies should always be GIANT!
- Whole Wheat Pistachio Cookies With Oats from thebellyrulesthemind.net make me smile! Love me some pistachios! Did you know they are considered a complete food? Awesome sauce!
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread Breakfast Cookies from kristineskitchenblog.com is the perfect recipe to use up all that zucchini in your garden.
- Hazelnut Pistachio Biscotti from jeanieandluluskitchen.com gives pistachios an encore in the breakfast cookie arena!
- Flourless Dark Chocolate Raspberry Almond Butter Oatmeal Cookies from thebakermama.com uses almond butter. I repeat. This recipe uses almond butter. Nuff said.
- Samoas Donuts (Grain Free) from foodbykatie.com bring out the girl scout in all of us! You know there’s one deep, deep inside of you! ;0)
- Snickerdoodle Quinoa Cookies from nutritionicity.com make your house smell like the holidays!
- Superfood Sweet Potato Cookies from healthyhelperblog.com takes breakfast cookies to a superfood level. Woot! Woot! For superfood cookies!
With all these cookie recipes, you’ll have your cookie jar full of simple, easy and super-yummy breakfast cookies in no time! Remember, most of these are freezer-friendly so you can make batches and batches ahead!