When cooler weather comes around I crave comfort, cheesy foods. But, I like homemade and super simple meals! And trust me — this stove-top bacon shells and cheese recipe will make you toss your stash of boxed instant shells and cheese!
I’ve been making stove-top macaroni and cheese for many years now. I always ignore the boxed mac and cheese isle now because I know how much better homemade shells or macaroni and cheese tastes. Plus, it’s a cinch to cook up on a busy day or night!
The last time I made this recipe, there were no left-overs. In fact, my kids kept buzzing around asking, “Is daddy eating with us today or is he meeting someone for lunch?” They only had one motive in asking that question — second and third servings!
Ready to dive into some homemade, comfort foodie approved, stove-top bacon shells and cheese recipe? Check it out below, grab your favorite saucepan and let’s get cooking!
- 1/2 pound pasta shells
- 10 slices American cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup whole milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup of real bacon bits
- 2 tablespoons of parsley for garnish
- In large sauce pan, bring shells to boil in salted water. (About 1/2 teaspoon salt)
- Cook until al dente and drain shells.
- Add remaining ingredients, except bacon bits and parsley and cook on medium-low heat while stirring.
- Continue to cook until cheese and butter is melted.
- Once dish is smooth and creamy, stir in bacon bits and parsley.
- Serve immediately.
*Affiliate links have been added to help you create the perfect stove-top bacon shells and cheese recipe!*