Can moms get some REAL rest during pregnancy? I mean the deep-sleep, totally charging, absolutely needed baby-growing rest their body desperately craves? With a little bit of creativity…it can happen! And I want to thank Boppy for sponsoring this chat about real rest for pregnant moms!
We all know how important it is to get rest during pregnancy. However, the majority of moms are seriously lacking in healthy doses of zzz’s! Is that you? I hope I can hop in here and help you get creative and REST!
And me? I’m pregnant too! I know that my 4-6 hours of rest I could thrive on as a teen just won’t cut it during pregnancy. Thanks to Boppy (yes, that same company that brought us those AMAZING nursing pillows), getting some REAL rest in between caring for our families and carrying our newest bundle of joy is actually achievable!
Did you know that many of the same tricks we use to help our little ones get to bed work on ourselves? Makes absolute sense, doesn’t it? But we’re often so busy caring for our families we forget to try those “sneaky rest” tips ourselves!
But today that changes. Today you make rest a priority — and I am making it a priority too!
Let’s chat about HOW to do exactly that!
9 Creative Ways Pregnant Moms Can Get Some REAL Rest
- Stick to a wind-down routine. Facial scrub, foot massage and a book? Whatever wind-down routine you choose, stick to it as much as possible. Definitely do your best to try to avoid brainstorming about problems and solutions — as moms often do. Instead — relax! This helps your brain go into “sleepy time” mode in the evenings. Don’t be afraid of adding a warm glass of milk to the routine too!
- Take a warm bath. Ease those pregnancy aches in some warm bath water!
- Read a book. Screen time is often a guilty culprit in fighting REAL rest. Reading a book can add some entertainment that doesn’t involve a screen. If you want to get some extra snuggles in with your other children, read a book out loud together! And my fave pillow for helping me get comfy while reading is the Bump and Back Support pillow.
- Drink a cup of tea. There are some wonderful pregnancy-safe teas that can help you drown out the day. Don’t drink too much, however, or you’ll be waking up throughout the night!
- Listen to music. Use some headphones if it disturbs your hubby. These pregnancy wedges from Boppy make relaxing to music super comfy.I love toplace the wedge inbetween my knees to help me completely relax!
- Diffuse oils. Many find they rest better with Lavender, Tea Tree Oil, or Cedarwood wafting through the air.
- Stop worrying. Pregnant moms often worry if their baby will be healthy and if labor will go well. Sometimes a pregnant mom’s mind can think of the worst possible situations — but that only robs you of your rest! Instead,focus on the blessings you have right now and cherish the moments you are spending growing your little one!
- Exercise. Crazy, right? But taking some regular strolls aroundyour yard,neighborhood and park can give your body the exercise it needs. Then, when it’s time to actually snooze,your body is more apt to wind down! Exercise also helps you combat pregnancy stress. Walking 30 minutes three times per week is a great way to get started! Always check with your physician before starting an exercise routine.
- Support problem areas. Use the Pregnancy Wedge to ward off knee and hip pain. Use the Bump and Back Support Pillow to ease your back pain. Let the Pregnancy Support Pillow (my personal favorite pillow from Boppy!) take some of the weight off your blossoming (Who am I kidding? More like ballooning, right?) belly.
Ultimately, getting a good night’s sleep is the best gift you can give your newly arriving baby. Moms who achieve both quality and quantity in their sleep tend to have easier deliveries and bring babies with healthy birth weights into the world. Give your baby the best start in life by investing in some real rest now!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Boppy. The opinions and text are all mine.