Gearing up for the holidays? Everywhere I turn people are already planning their holiday get togethers and gifts! If you’re ahead of the game, jarred holiday mixes should be on your “to make” list! They’re sweet, thoughtful, super-yummy and homemade with love.
For the holidays, I like to add a pinch of fun to the classics. Instead of just hot cocoa, I love to make double chocolate hot cocoa. Or, instead of chocolate chip cookies, I like to make chocomint cookies! Naturally, those are the two recipes I chose for gifting this year. Giving classic recipes a twist is a little reflection of me in each gift I give. So, give a gift that reflects your baking style!
Is chocolate mint one of your fave holiday flavors? I could drink it or eat it — yummy either way! If you’re a fan of chocolate mint too, then you are going to love, love LOVE this recipe that has chocolate mint M&Ms in it! I know, that’s plain evil, isn’t it? It’s sure to be a fave of your family and friends and you can still whip up a batch for yourself!
Thoughtful gifts are so important during the commercialized holidays. Homemade gifts say, “I put thought, creativity, talent and time into your gift. That’s how special you are to me!” I love seeing people’s eyes light up when I bring them over a loaf of banana nut bread or a homemade coconut cream pie. I keep those moments tucked away in my heart to encourage me to keep giving thoughtful homemade gifts — for holidays and just because!
Jarred holiday mixes are perfect for busy moms because they can literally toss the contents in a pan, add a few eggs, butter, stir, bake and BOOM! Homemade cookies without all the mess and measuring! Plus, they get to keep a cutesy jar — that’s one of my favorite parts! You can grab cute glass jars from your local dollar store or even check out what’s trending on Amazon and get them shipped to your front door. Either way, your recipient is going to love to have cute jars to use for storage or home decor — it’s two thoughtful gifts in one!
Want to share some yummy memories with your friends and relatives? Whip up holiday mixes and keep them tightly packed in a cutesy jar for the sweetest, homemade gift for the holidays. Chocomint cookies in a jar recipe follows! Enjoy!
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch in place of pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch salt
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup mint chocolate chip M & Ms
- Stir flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Place the mixture in teh bottom of your gift jar making sure to pack it down.
- Add the granulate sugar on top and pack down.
- Spoon chocolate chips on top and pack those down.
- Add the brown sugar and pack that down.
- Top it all off with the mint M & Ms.
- Keep in air-tight jar until ready to give.
- Remove M & Ms from jar and set aside.
- Beat one large egg, 3/4 unsalted butter and one teaspoon of butter in large mixing bowl until well combined.
- Add cookie mix and beat just until all ingredients are combined.
- Fold or stir in M &Ms.
- Refrigerate dough for one hour.
- Roll refrigerated dough into balls and flatten slightly.
- Place cookie dough on parchment lined cookie sheets and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 11 minutes. Yield: 15 large cookies