With the hustle and bustle of home-schooling, mothering, cooking, cleaning and mission work, my days fill up quickly. However, I have six love-hungry children that desire my time and appreciation. Here are some ways I have learned to give them the attention they deserve:
- Get them involved. Each child is assigned one day a week to “help” me prepare dinner. Through this activity, the child is learning skills for his future as well as bonding with me.
- Let them voice concerns. Every night we have Bible time in which the children can voice their prayer requests and ask any questions they have about God and the Bible.
- Play with them. After lunch, we have play time outside together. I go out and swing with the little ones while the older kids play a game of ball or race.
- Schedule special family time. Every Friday night is devoted to family fellowship with games, movies, slumber parties and party food.
- Interact with them. Daily, I try to get on each child’s eye-level and converse with only them for a few minutes. This is just a short conversation that lets them know that I am interested in them, they are special to me and I cherish my relationship with them.
- Shower them with affection. I try to kiss and hug my kids every morning and every night.
In my life I have seen that the little signs of affection really add up and create a close-knit bond with each of my children. I never want to become too busy to love and cherish my blessings.