Thanks to FrostGuard® for sponsoring this post. With their solutions for cold weather problems and these simple morning hacks, you and the kids can be out the door and on your way in no time!
“Kids, get your socks on!”
“Where did you put your shoes?”
“What are we forgetting?”
“Here! Grab your coat and hat!”
“Oh no! We’re running late.”
Does this scenario sound familiar? Especially during the winter?
These winter morning hacks have just made your busy mom life a tad bit easier!
Getting out the door on time with kids can be challenging. The cold months of winter bring even more demands to the mix.
There’s frost, snow, and ice to conquer and even cold weather gear to hunt down.
We’re going to chat about simple changes you can make to ensure that your mornings are less hurried, more productive, and much more timely.
Sounds like a dream, right?
Cold winter mornings will be no match for you!
You are a mom on a mission to get the kids ready, out the door, and on their way.
And you’re going to accomplish it all at lightning speed with these super helpful morning hacks!
Ready to give your mornings a makeover?
Here are some tips and tricks to get you started!
10 Winter Morning Hacks to Get Your Kids Out the Door Fast!
- Don’t let the weather slow you down. You’ve just spent an hour getting the kids fed and dressed. And let’s not even talk about how much time you spent tracking down shoes, coats, hats, and scarves. The last thing you want to do when you finally get outside is to scrape frost and snow off the car. Am I right?
- Prepare the night before. I’m sure you’ve heard the saying, “Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today.” That’s the key to this tip. Lay out clothes, shoes, and bags. Give the kids a nighttime bath. Do as many tasks as you can the evening before.
And make sure you cover your car with FrostGuard® covers to keep your car free from snow and ice!
For clothes, use a closet organization with a compartment for each day to keep outfits organized and ready to go. The more preparations you complete ahead of time, the less you’ll have to worry about when you’re in a time crunch the next morning.
- Get a good night’s sleep. Getting out of a warm bed is especially difficult on cold winter mornings. Make sure everyone goes to bed on time so that those early morning wake-ups are easier. A good night’s sleep will have the whole family rested and ready to tackle the day ahead.
- Make mornings screen-free! Electronics can be a BIG distraction. Keep cell phones, devices, and televisions turned off on busy mornings. When the goal is to get ready and out the door quickly, you need all-hands-on-deck — undistracted and ready to make it happen.
- Follow a morning routine. Establish a routine for everyone to follow. You can keep charts on the refrigerator or give each member of the family a laminated checklist to follow. With a routine in place, everyone knows what they need to do to get ready.
- Have warm, easy breakfast options on-hand. A warm, healthy breakfast is a great way to get everyone moving on cold mornings. There isn’t always time to cook a big meal, though. What’s a mother to do?!
Prepare and keep breakfast freezer meals that you can pull out and heat up. This make-ahead meal hack will be a lifesaver on chilly mornings.
Think muffins, breakfast quesadillas, scrambled egg casseroles, and breakfast sandwiches that can all be kept in the freezer and heated up when you need them.
- Let the kids to pitch in. Many hands really do make light work! Delegate tasks to the kids. This builds responsibility and helps get everyone out the door in a timely manner.
- Set up a lunch packing station. Packing lunches is a great task to let the kids take over. Designate a small place in the pantry or kitchen as the lunch station for utensils, napkins, lunch bags, lunch foods, and even drinks. The kids can pack their own lunches from the healthy options you’ve provided.
- Keep winter gear handy and accessible. The colder weather means more winter gear. The necessity of coats, hats, scarves, and other winterwear can definitely slow you down. Keep these items organized and accessible in baskets by the door.
- Make it fun! Turn get ready in the mornings into a fun game. Play lively music while everyone is getting ready. Give a sticker to the sibling who gets ready the fastest. Set a timer and try to beat the clock. Find a way to make the morning preparations fun and exciting!
That’s where the FrostGuard® windshield and mirror covers come in handy.
The durable, easy-to-use, and stylish covers turn 20 minutes of scraping into 20 seconds of simply pulling the covers off the car.
They work with cars, trucks, and SUVs to keep mirrors and windshields free of ice and snow. Place the covers in their convenient, quick-dry storage pouches, toss them in the backseat for next time, and you’re on your way! Isn’t that easy?! Save 20% off Frostguard Signature Bundle with the code winter17 before December 3, 2017. (Some exclusions may apply)
Now you’re ready for winter mornings with the kiddos!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of FrostGuard®. All opinions are my own.