When your OBGYN explains all the dos and don’ts of pregnancy, do you take their advice and recommendations seriously? Many moms do, but some are well…just plain old defiant! Who really can give up caffeine during their entire pregnancy — anyone?
Recently I got to listen in on a group of women who were discussing this very topic, They all chimed in and it was somewhat funny to hear all their rule-breaking confessions. And today, I’m sharing them with you!
Now, let me add this disclosure, some of these rule-breakers are being a little too risky in my opinion. There are guidelines for your pregnancy for a reason, and you really should listen, but I was just amazed at how many moms throw healthy, well-meaning advice to the wind and chow down on deli lunch meat and jug down the expresso. (which I did avoid every single pregnancy.)
So grab a chair, a cup of tea and read, laugh and relate with us! And be sure to share your rule-breaking moments with us on social media!
Common Rules Pregnant Moms Break
- “They say not to eat cold lunchmeat while pregnant, but I did it every day.”
- “I ate lunch meat and slept on my back during my pregnancy.”
- I skipped prenatal vitamins, slept on my left side and kept going strong with coffee.”
- I went on long walks just days after delivery, ate deli meat weekly, and did not sleep when baby slept.
- I slept on my stomach till about 5 months of pregnancy.
- I did rock climbing with my first two pregnancies at five months.
- I went horseback riding during my pregnancy.
- I drank raw milk regularly while pregnant.
- I scarfed some sushi down while I was pregnant
- I ate raw eggs in cookie dough — who says no to cookie dough?
- I didn’t get a flu shot.
- I never had an ultrasound.
- I had eight ultrasounds during my pregnancy — instead of the recommended two.
- I started running after 3 weeks postpartum./li>
- I took lots of baths during my pregnancy.
- I traveled across the world, to a third-world country during my six month of pregnancy.
Did this super-honest group of moms leave out any rues you broke? Tell us about it!