This easy paper pumpkin craft is simple to put together, looks cute and festive, and the best part? It’s cheap! All you need is paper, glue, and pipe cleaners. Any easy craft that you can whip up with materials around the house, is a winner in my book!
You can decorate these paper pumpkins however you want. We opted for some glittery paper, and spiced them up with glitter glue and stickers. It would also be fun to use patterned paper, different colors, or even adding pictures to make them more like a scrapbook decoration. The options are endless!
If you’ve got little ones putting these together, you’ll want to help out when they glue all of the sides together. If you don’t line things up right, it might not look quite like a pumpkin when it’s done. But you can easily trim the edges to make things a little smoother.
Easy Paper Pumpkin Craft
- Grab a piece of regular paper and fold it in half. Cut out half of a pumpkin, so when you unfold it, it looks like a whole pumpkin (see above).
- Use this as a template, and cut out 6 pumpkins out of card stock – or as many as you’d like. Feel free to alternate colors/styles of paper, just make sure that when you fold the pumpkin over, the inside is the side you want to show.
- Glue the pumpkins together, one side at a time, and connect them in a circle. Trim any edges that may not line up perfectly.
- Roll the green pipe cleaner around a pen to make it curly, and stick it in the top of the pumpkin. Secure it with glue and trim to your liking.
- Bend the brown/gold pipe cleaner into a triangle, twisting the bottom ends together. Slide it in the top of the pumpkin and secure with glue.
- Keep your pumpkin plain, or decorate it however you wish – glitter, stickers, coloring, pictures, etc!
Will you be making this paper pumpkin craft soon? Share your version of this fun craft with us on Facebook!
*Affiliate links have been added to help you make a super-cute, paper pumpkin craft!*