Oooh! I love acorns, squirrels, deer, leaves and anything remotely fallish! That’s why I’m so incredibly excited to share these adorable, edible mini acorns with you! They’re almost too cute to eat — almost! It’s hard to say no to chocolate and caramel! <3
These are awesome to make with the kiddos to celebrate fall! What kid doesn’t love to dip tiny, marshmallows into chocolate and caramel? And they get to play with toothpicks! You’ll need the ingredients in the image below. Aren’t those yummy ingredients?
Love how pretty these turned out, don’t you? They’re definitely pretty enough to serve upper Thanksgiving or any party that’s fall season related!
We call these mini because they’re the size of those adorable, mini marshmallows you always want to buy but never actually do. Who knew marshmallows could be so fun to cook with?
These are super easy. Don’t you love that? I’m always cautious about trying a 10 step recipe that includes wait times, specific temperatures and yada-yada-yada. I like treat recipes that are super simple and to the point. Take these rice krispie treats that look just like candy corn! They’re crazy cute, but a cinch to make. Plus they’re dipped in chocolate. Oh yeah.
I would recommend laying down parchment paper on your work surface if kids or a messy mom is involved (waving here!) Yeah, I’m a messy cook. Trying to reform my “grab the fridge door with flour hands” habits. But habits die hard, don’t they?
Did I mention you get to dip these cuties in chocolate and caramel? And they’re connected to pretzels? Think loads of salted caramel. Just look at that caramel dipping goodness below! Mmmm….
Ready to make some crazy cute mini acorns? Print out the recipe and get to dipping!! Ok. Over and out my creative mom friends!
Edible Mini Acorns
- 1 large bag salted caramel discs
- 1 large bag chocolate melting discs
- light brown sugar
- 1 bag mini marshmallows
- pretzel sticks
- Place each marshmallow on a toothpick.
- Place chocolate discs in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds then take out and stir. Continue to do this until the chocolate is melted.
- Take your marshmallow and dip it in the melted chocolate until it’s all coated. Tap on the edge of bowl to get any excess chocolate off
- Set on a parchment lined cookie sheet and put in refrigerator for 3-5 minutes or until hardened.
- Melt your salted caramel discs the same way as the chocolate disks.
- Take your marshmallow and dip about a ¼ way from top into the salted caramel, tap on edge to get excess off.
- Immediately roll in brown sugar until you get a nice even coat.
- Place marshmallow standing up on some type of foam base or stand.
- Break pretzel stick at the end and place on top of the marshmallow. Push down to secure it in the marshmallow. .
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes.