Peanut butter has to be one of my kids’ fave ingredients ever. Incorporating peanut butter into breakfast makes me the best mom ever — at least in their book! These peanut butter muffins brought lots of smiles and cheers when I pull them out of the oven. Mm-mmm…the whole house smells like peanut butter!
Muffins are one of my favorite breakfast recipes to make. Sure, I love coffee breads and banana bread, but muffins bake up quicker — and I need quick fixes in the morning! Muffins are also a great choice to make the night before. I love waking up in the morning knowing breakfast is already made. Our family can eat muffins hot or cold, with butter or without — it’s all good!
Muffins also make me feel a little better about eating baked goods for breakfast. Donuts are OK for special occasions, but an frequent breakfast of pop tarts, donuts or other sugar-laden goodies is not the best choice for our family’s health. Obviously, I’m not a health nut, but I still like to be semi-healthy!
Want to know something else I love about muffins? Of course you do! They’re versatile. I have made chocolate chip muffins, banana cardamon muffins, blueberry muffins and even muffins made with any flavored jelly I can find in the fridge. Yep, muffins have to be on for the most versatile breakfast pastries on earth!
These muffins are going to be one of your fave breakfast recipes. You can whip them up in one bowl and throw them in a pan and bake. I like to clean up a little while my muffins bake in the morning. It gives me a fresh start and saves me time so I can play and cuddle with my kiddos!
Be sure to try these muffins, share the recipe with your friends and come back here and tell me how much you loved them!
Peanut Butter Granola Topped Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup peanut butter crunchy or creamy
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 egg beaten
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 1/2 cups granola
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Place all the dry ingredients, except the granola, in a medium-sized mixing bowl and stir.
- Add the peanut butter and whisk or beat until incorporated.
- Add in the milk, egg, and butter.
- Grease 12 muffin cups in a medium-sized muffin pan and fill each muffin cup about 3/4 full with batter.
- Evenly sprinkle some granola over each muffin.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let muffins slightly cool before serving.