Don’t you love it when you drink a cup of a warm, comforting drink that allures you with two of your favorite flavors on planet earth? Enter strawberry hot chocolate.
This simple, easy-to-make recipe will have you ready to curl up with a good book and blankie. Maybe your hubby could even turn on that almost real fire in your not-so-real fireplace. Go ahead and add the cracking sounds while you’re at it. Now, that’s romantic!
I love this recipe because it’s something you can make one day and store for anytime you feel the urge to grab a cup of strawberry hot chocolate — which could be everyday! Seriously, you just shake the mix and add hot milk. How much simpler can you get?
But if you want to be a hot chocolate connoisseur you totally need to add homemade whipped cream on top. Not the cool whip substitute stuff. Ok, if you’re tight on time at least get the Redi-whip spray, but do not use cool whip. I repeat, do not use cool whip. You will totally ruin your awesome cup of hot chocolate. There, you’ve been warned.
And hopefully this recipe will inspire you to be neighborly and make up a batch or two for your neighbors. This mix is pink, chocolatey and will be the perfect “thinking of you” gift for Valentines Day — don’t you think?
Enjoy your steaming hot cup of strawberry hot chocolate and please leave all my thank you fan mail on Facebook! Or sign up for my newsletters so you can hear back from me asap and always get the latest scoop and happenings around this corner of the web.
Now, go grab your favorite mug, homemade whipped cream and print out this awesome recipe. You’re welcome!
Strawberry Hot Chocolate
- 1/4 cup hot chocolate mix
- 1/4 cup strawberry milk mix
- 1/4 cup vanilla white chocolate chips
- Layer all ingredients together in a small treat bag or your favorite storage container.
- Add the hot chocolate mix to the bottom of the container or bag,.
- Add the strawberry milk mix on top.
- Top off the two layers with the vanilla white chocolate chips.
- When ready to serve, shake half of ingredients into large mug or coffee cup.
- Add 1/2-1 cup of hot milk and stir.
- Garnish with home-made whipped cream or marshmallows.