Pizza Made From Tortillas!
Tortilla pizza (and spaghetti pizza bake!) is seriously one of my favorite quick dinners or lunches to prepare.
I love how I can get this meal thrown together and baked in 15 minutes — really!
It’s no secret. My family loves cheese, so of course we LOVE pizza!
Plus, as a busy mom, I am always trying to find quick recipes that makes everyone happy.
Plus, I want to help the thousands of moms who follow this blog!
If I can make your life a little bit easier and happier, I want to help!
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE TORTILLA PIZZA:
- flour tortillas
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- pizza sauce (homemade or store-bought)
I love how home-made pizza is so versatile.
My daughter can have her mushrooms, I can have my olives, my husband can have his extra cheese and pepperoni.
Everyone wins with this one.
TOPPINGS FOR SIMPLE TORTILLA PIZZA:
- Greek pizza: feta, fresh or roasted bell peppers (jarred is fine), pesto, sliced kalamata olives, chopped red onion, sliced cherry tomatoes.
- Green pizza: Pesto and mozzarella, top with arugula and parmesan shavings after baking.
- Supreme pizza: pizza sauce, diced green peppers, diced red peppers, diced onions, crumbled sausage, and mozzarella cheese
- Hawaiian pizza: pizza sauce, pineapple, sliced ham, mozzarella cheese
- Hamburger pizza: pizza sauce, crumbled, cooked hamburger meat and mozzarella cheese. We always season the hamburger meat with Italian seasoning, salt, and garlic!
How our Make Tortilla Pizza on the Stove:
HOW TO MAKE TORTILLA PEPPERONI PIZZA ON THE STOVE
Heat a 10″ skillet on med-high on the stove and spread the oil evenly in a very thin layer on the surface.
Gently, lay tortilla in the heated skillet and brown on one side for a few minutes.
Flip the tortilla over and add sauce, cheese, and other toppings to the browned side. Continue cooking until cheese is melted.
WHY OUR FAMILY LOVES TORTILLA PIZZA
- It’s ready in a few minutes…like 15 tops!
- It’s super simple!
- Kids can make it!
- It’s a budget-friendly pizza!
- It can be customized
- It’s a thin crust pizza!
- It’s a homemade pizza with an easier than ever crust!
Plus, on beyond crazy, can’t-get-a-minute-to-breathe days, I can ask my 10 and 12-year-old to make this dish and dinner is served!
The younger kids get involved too and love sprinkling on the cheese and extra toppings.
My kids think it’s the perfect meal if I add soda ( or pop! Whatever you call it!)
We don’t normally keep soda at our house, but we do invest in the sugary carbonation when we are having pizza.
Soda and pizza just seem to go perfectly together, don’t they?
OK you busy moms, no more time for chit-chatting.
Gotta share this simple, time-saving and fun recipe that has been a life-saver for this mom!
Hope it makes your days a little bit easier and yummier!
15 MINUTE TORTILLA PIZZA RECIPE
10 flour tortillas
5 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 jar pizza sauce
pepperoni, olives, mushrooms and whatever toppings your family enjoys!
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Lay tortillas on large cookie sheets. (We normally squeeze two on one cookie sheet.)
Top with your favorite pizza sauce, then sprinkle 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese per tortilla.
Add your favorite toppings and some extra cheese if desired.
Bake for 8 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Enjoy and share this simple recipe with all your busy mom friends!
Yields: 10 tortilla pizzas.