This Chicken Chili Recipe is Delicious and Simple!
Soup and chili season is upon us!
And we love easy soup recipes so we can spend more time playing in the leaves, decorating pumpkins, and baking cookies!
This hearty ecipe is ready in minutes and makes very little mess in the kitchen!
How to Make Easy Chicken Chili
Cook the chicken and onions together.
In large saucepan, cook the onion and chicken on medium-high heat until chicken is no longer pink and onions are soft and translucent.
Whisk in tomato paste.
Add remaining ingredients and whisk until tomato paste is liquid and thoroughly combined.
Heat things up!
Bring chicken chili to a boil, then lower the heat and cover.
Simmer and wait.
Simmer on low for 10 minutes.
Serve hot with any additional toppings like cheese or sour cream.
Simple ingredients are all you need for this flavorful recipe!
You probably have all the ingredients in your pantry!
Ingredients Needed for Recipe
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Tomato paste
- Canned pinto beans
- Canned Kidney beans
- White onion
- Cooking oil
- Mexican chili powder
- Shredded cheddar or Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cream cheese, optional
- Sour cream, optional
This chicken chili recipe makes its rounds in our kitchen frequently!
Here’s a few reason why our family LOVES this recipe!
Why Chicken Chili is a Favorite Recipe
- Easy. It’s a low-mess and quick chili recipe!
- Budget-friendly. Whether money is tight or not, I love serving meals that are easy on the budget!
- Delicious– This chicken chili recipe is packed with traditional chili flavors we love!
- Satisfying– Our favorite chicken chili is warm and comforting
- Freezer friendly. We’ve been making more freezer meals, and this recipe freezes well!
How to Freeze
- Prepare chicken as normal.
- Let chicken chili completely cool.
- Once chili is completely cooled, place in a freezer bag, that’s inside of another freeer-bagg. Always double bag when freezing soups!
- Lay soup flat in Freezer on top of a cookie sheet.
- Once reopen, remove from the top of the cookie sheet and store in freezer. Use within 3 months.
- When ready to use, simply thaw out and heat up!
Variations of Chicken Chili Recipe
Add cream cheese. This makes it extra creamy and extra hearty. Dice cream cheese and simply stir into soup at the end. It will make this a lighter, cheesier chili. When you add the cream cheese, be sure to add additional spices because the cream cheese dampens the other flavors smidge.
Replace chicken with turkey. Substitute diced turkey if you’re not a huge fan of chicken.
Spice things up! If you like your chili spicier, add 1 or 2 finely-diced jalapeño peppers. Add them in at the same time as you add the onions. Or, take the lazy route and add a few dashes of hot sauce! That’s what I do!
More Chili and Soup Recipes We Think You’ll Love!
Find the Chicken Chili Recipe Below!
Print the recipe and get cooking!
Check out our recipe books for easy recipes for families!
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 18 oz can tomato paste
- 2 15 oz cans pinto beans, undrained
- 1 15 oz can kidney beans, undrained
- 1 large, white onion, peeled and diced
- 3 Tablespoons paprika
- 2 Tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 Tablespoon Mexican chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups water
- shredded cheddar or Parmesan cheese, optional
- sour cream, optional
- 4 ounces cream cheese, optional stir in
- In large saucepan, cook the onion and chicken on medium-high heat until chicken is no longer pink and onions are soft and translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients and whisk until tomato paste is liquid and thoroughly combined.
- Bring to a boil, then turn the heat to low and cover. Continue to simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with any additional toppings like cheese or sour cream.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g