Love getting together with other families? Try these outdoor games for families that will bring lots of giggles, memories and “can you believe he did that” events!
Go beyond dinner and a movie and have some REAL fun! As my Grandma always says, “Stop and smell the roses!” So stop and play some outdoor games!
Outdoor Games for Families and Friends
- Tall man hamburger contest. Grilling out it totally fun when families get together for some fellowship. This contest is for the hamburger gurus who love nothing more than a juicy, piled high, perfectly stacked hamburger. This contest is great for adults, but you can have a mini-contest for the kids, too. It’s simple and to the point — my kind of game! Assemble your hamburgers extra tall and pile them up with any and every condiment in the world of hamburgers. The first person to get their entire tall man hamburger eaten wins! Get ready, get set — EAT!
- Candy balloon relay. Balloons are always fun — especially when you race to pop them! For this outdoor game, divide everyone into two teams. Give each player a balloon with a piece of candy stuffed inside. Each player must run to a designated spot, pop their balloon, open their candy, eat and swallow their candy and run back to tag the next player. First, team to pop all their candy balloons wins! Psst! Be sure to choose candies that are not considered choking hazards.
- Water balloon challenge. If you don’t have any shade in your yard, this is a perfect game to cool off. Partner everyone up and has them toss water equally filled and sized water balloons back and forth. Hey, we all know the smaller, lesser-filled balloons are more difficult to pop! No cheating! Each pair starts close together and gradually steps back after each toss. The pair that lasts the longest without popping their water balloon wins! Oh, and if you want to fill up 100 water balloons in ONE MINUTE you need to grab this gadget. Now, water balloon relays and fights just got more fun!
- Outdoor obstacle course. Races get everyone in the mood for a little competition, and you can create a killer obstacle course just from what you have lying around. Use your swing set, trampoline, old tires, and ropes to create a stellar obstacle course. Divide your group into two teams and see which team gets through it the quickest.
- Jarts lawn darts. Think horseshoes, but played with aerodynamic, foam darts! Perfect for families with kids and teens. This super compact game is easy to take on your next vacation or just set up in your back yard!
- Colorful water tag. There are so many variations of tag, but nothing is quite as fun as something messy. Fill your water balloons with water, and add a little food coloring (make sure everyone is wearing play clothes). The person who is “It” must tag someone by throwing a colorful water balloon. Once the person is tagged with color, they are “It.” Keep playing until water balloons are gone. A person without any color wins the game!
- Slippery tug of war. A good ole’ game of tug of war is always fun. Divide your teams up evenly for this fun game. Use a tarp in the area of the game and add soap and water to it. As the teams struggle to keep their balance, let the tugging begin. This twist on a slip and slide fun is sure to get everyone excited.
- Flashlight hide and tag. As soon as it gets dark, choose an “It.” The chosen person waits three minutes while everyone hides. After three minutes he hunts of r all the people and “tags” them with a flashlight. The last person “tagged” wins and the first person “tagged” is the next “It.”
Boochie game. this crazy new game involves players of all ages. “Playing ball” has definitely been jazzed up with some new modern details. Fun throws, riffles and loads of memories are jam-packed in this highly rated and loved game!
Outdoor bowling. Adults, kids and teens love outdoor bowling! It’s going to be tough to get people to go home after you get started with cray game of bowling in your back yard!
What fun games does your family play outside? Share your fun ideas with us on Facebook!
*Affiliate links have been added to help you find awesome outdoor games for families.