This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FamilyCountsOnClean #KeepLifeRolling #CollectiveBias
If you had to pick your least favorite chore to do around the house, what would you choose?
I think I might know! :)
We’ve shared some super simple cleaning tips for busy moms here, but today we’re focusing on cleaning bathrooms.
Because cleaning bathrooms can be the one chore that moms avoid until absolutely necessary.
But that changes today!
Having clean bathrooms is an essential step to having a healthy home and a healthy family.
That’s a goal all of us can get behind.
Throw in caring for the kids, meal prep, homeschooling, errands, and work, and you might just find yourself asking, “Is it even possible to have a tidy home?”
The answer is…YES!
This super quick (FIVE MINUTES!!) routine to help you tackle the highly detested household chore of cleaning the bathrooms.
The process is simple.
Set a timer for five minutes and follow this quick cleaning routine. Yes, you read that correctly — FIVE minutes!
Even YOU have time for that!
Waaaay shorter than you spend on social media! ;0)
Speaking from experience here.
Just a few minutes of bathroom cleaning is all it takes.
Can you even imagine being able to have clean bathrooms with only five minutes each day?
I know you may be a bit incredulous now, but pretty soon you’ll be breathing a sigh of relief as you realize that it really is possible.
Why Focus on a Five Minute Bathroom Cleaning Routine
As busy moms, our time is valuable.
Every minute counts.
We have to be extremely intentional with our time.
Sticking to a daily 5-minute bathroom cleaning routine is manageable and effective at keeping bathrooms squeaky clean without robbing too much precious time.
Easy Bathroom Cleaning Tips
A few tips before you begin:
- Before beginning this daily routine, complete a deep clean of the bathroom. This routine helps you maintain so you’ll spend very little time cleaning the bathrooms going forward.
- Put together a portable cleaning caddy with all your bathroom cleaning essentials like paper towels, glass cleaner, surface cleaner, and a toilet brush. Having your supplies organized and ready to go with make cleaning a breeze. For paper towels, I like to use Scott® Brand’s absorbent paper towels from Family Dollar. Find your closest Family Dollar here!
These paper towels have unique ridges that quickly and effectively soak up messes. And they’re always available at super sensible prices at Family Dollar!
- Assign a day each week to do a more thorough clean of the shower, tub, and floors
Get ready to spruce up your bathrooms in only a matter of minutes.
Here’s our daily 5-minute bathroom cleanup routine that busy moms can actually do!
FIVE Minute Bathroom Cleaning Routine
- Wipe down the mirrors with paper towels and your favorite glass cleaner or a homemade version. (30 seconds)
- Wipe down the counters with paper towels and a bathroom cleaner. Since the paper towels are disposable, using them helps avoid cross-contamination from one bathroom surface to the next. My favorites are the strong, effective Scott® Paper Towels from Family Dollar. (45 seconds)
- Wipe down the entire toilet including the seat and underneath the seat. (1 minute)
- Make it smell fresh. Change out oil or scent diffusers. Light a candle. Add scented soaps. This is also a good time to also replenish the bathroom soaps for handwashing and showers. (30 seconds)
- Restock toilet tissue rolls. The new Scott® ComfortPlus™ Toilet Paper is a favorite with its thick, strong sheets. And at just $4.25 for a pack of 12 rolls at Family Dollar right now, the price can’t be beaten. (30 seconds)
- Quickly swish a toilet brush around the toilet bowl. (45 seconds)
- Do a quick sweep of the bathroom floor. For more stubborn spots, use paper towels and a surface cleaner to tide the bathroom over until official mop day. (1 minute)
- If time permits, do a quick wipedown of the showers and tub. Save a deeper scrub for the same day you choose to mop though.
With this 5-minute routine, you may actually stop dreading the bathrooms now. And that time you saved can be spent where it matters most–with your family!
As a way to help you even further, we’re sharing this printable with the entire routine laid out.
And to help you with the final tools you need to make this routine possible, we’re also letting you know about an awesome way you can save on your bathroom essentials.
Family Dollar has the Scott® Paper Towels 6ct Mega Rolls on sale for $5.25 ($0.75 Smart Coupon) and the Scott® ComfortPlus™ 12ct Big Rolls on sale for $4.25 ($0.75 Smart Coupon). Both offers are valid from 9/2 – 10/22.
Now your cleaning routine can be quick and thrifty!