Homemade Fruit Snacks and Gummies are Easy to Make!
Our kids love unicorns (hence this unicorn play date post!)
They’ve been asking me to make this recipe for a LONG time. :)
Once you make these homemade fruit snacks, your kids will ask for them over and over too!
These homemade gummies are made from REAL fruit juice…NOT powdered Jello.
That’s what I love most about making these!
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE UNICORN GUMMIES
It’s a super simple process that involves fruit juice and honey!
- Heat 1 cup juice over medium heat.
- Stir in honey and gelatin. (See…honey! No sugar!)
- Continue to stir as the gummy mixture thickens and then thins to an even consistency.
- Spoon approximately 1 tablespoon into a unicorn-shaped silicone well.
- Refrigerate 2 hours before removing from silicone mold and serving. (Yes, use silicone molds when possible for the easiest gummy unicorn!)
WHY ARE THESE HOMEMADE GUMMIES HEALTHY?
Because they’re made with honey and fruit juice.
Super simple, right?
Next time you see fruit snacks or gummies in the grocery store look on the ingredients.
You’ll love that these fruit snacks only have a few ingredients and are ready in little time!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR HOMEMADE UNICORN GUMMY SNACKS
You’ll need the following ingredients for these homemade fruit snacks.
Homemade Gummies Ingredient #1: Fruit Juice
1 cup all natural fruit juice. Make sure it’s 100% juice!
Homemade Gummies Ingredient #2: Honey
1 tablespoon honey.
Add a little more if it’s not sweet enough for you!
These are naturally LESS sweet than store-bought gummies and fruit snacks!
Homemade Gummies Ingredient #3 Beef Gelatin
3 tablespoons beef gelatin powder.
This is what helps the gummies set.
Homemade Gummies Ingredient #4: Unicorn Silicone Molds
Not a food ingredient, but you need these molds to make the super-cute unicorn shape!
MORE HOMEMADE SNACK AND CANDY RECIPES:
Homemade Unicorn Gummies
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons beef gelatin powder
- 1 cup fruit juice any flavor
- In a medium saucepan, heat 1 cup juice over medium heat.
- Stir in honey and gelatin.
- Continue to stir as the mixture thickens and then thins to an even consistency.
- Spoon approximately 1 tablespoon into each silicone well.
- Refrigerate 2 hours before removing from silicone mold and serving.