S’mores Cracker Candy is EASY to Make!
Crack candy is what this popular treat is often called, but I prefer to call it cracker candy.
You can probably guess why.
But wow, oh wow, are you going to love this easy s’mores cracker candy recipe.
And any s’mores fan will love our s’mores yogurt bars recipe too!
What’s not to love?
S’mores. Easy. Candy. The end. True love.
But our s’mores cracker candy love story doesn’t stop there!
Nope, you have to share this yummy goodness with your family, friends, neighbors, teachers, acquaintances, pets…ok, not pets, but basically anyone and everyone you come in contact with.
Why Am I Talking About S’mores So Much?
So I’m exaggerating.
Isn’t that a food blogger’s job?
Surely you’re tired of reading blogger’s rant about recipes and food, but that’s because you’re not “in the know” in the blogging world.
But, I’ll let you in on our little secret…
For our yummy recipes to show up in your search engines, we have to talk and gab about how amazing, dee-lish, crazy-yummy, absolutely irresistible each and every recipe is.
And we need to share other people’s recipes with you too….like this s’mores ice cream recipe that looks drool-worthy!
In fact, the common belief is that each and every recipe should be at least 350 words long.
Yes, 350 words.
Easy S’mores Cracker Candy Recipe
This is exactly why you, dear reader, have to read about why we made this recipe, who loved it and even who dug into to first.
You even have to read about our silly stories about our trips to the grocery store and even about the food allergies in our family.
And yes, food bloggers have to even figure out creative ways we can use the title of our recipes in our posts.
For instance, I am trying to brainstorm about how to talk about s’mores cracker candy just a few more times so your favorite search engines will know that this post is really, really, reeeeaaaallllly about s’mores cracker candy.
So the next time you wonder why a food blogger is telling you about her dog named Sandy, just remember the little secret I just divulged.
I don’t really have a lot of food blogging friends who will forever hold a grudge that I let the “cat out of the bag.”
You deserve to be “in the know” and I want to be completely transparent with all of you.
And yes, for my very last paragraph I am going to remind you that you need to try s’mores cracker candy today.
Because I need to use the phrase s’mores cracker candy once again to make sure everyone can find my delectable, unforgettable, tantalizing recipe once again.
By the way, that was 414 words. ;0)
But now, we’re adding a few more words, because I want you to check out our s’mores pretzel bites too!
You’ll be glad you did!
Easy S'mores Cracker Candy Recipe
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips or chopped chocolate pieces
- 48 saltine crackers
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1-2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup crushed graham crackers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Spread 1/4 cup oil all over foil lined pan.
- Layer pan with saltine crackers.
- In medium sauce pan on lower heat, melt butter.
- Add one cup brown sugar to melted butter and whisk. Boil for 2-3 minutes while constantly whisking. Mixture should become golden and gooey.
- Pour golden gooey mixture onto top of crackers and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Bake for five minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate on top.
- Let chocolate sit for five minutes, then spread on top evenly.
- Add 1/2 cup marshmallows and broil for one minute -- no longer!
- Add remaining marshmallows, graham cracker crumbs and additional chocolate.
- Cool in fridge for 30 minutes to harden candy.
- After 30 minutes, loosen the foil form the pan and break up cracker candy into pieces using a spatula and hands.