This post was sponsored by T.J.Maxx, Marshalls and HomeGoods as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Ah! The Lazy Day Holiday…
It’s a much anticipated event my kids look forward to every year.
And I have to admit, I look forward to it too!
It’s something we created a few years ago by accident — and we want to share it with you!
For our family, Thanksgiving and Christmas Day are quite hectic.
We normally host parties celebrating these holidays and there are lots of details, time and sacrifice involved with pulling off an awesome holiday party.
But after all the turkey is served and the last steaming mug of apple cider is served, we clean up the aftermath and grin, giggle and high-five each other about one of our favorite holidays — The Lazy Day.
And the biggest highlight of my holidays is definitely my family. And giving them this one, special holiday all to themselves is a thoughtful way I can show my family that they truly are the greatest gifts in my life!
We tend to schedule our Lazy Day Holiday after Thanksgiving, but you could schedule yours after Christmas or New Years Day. Whichever holiday requires the most work for your family! And for us, it’s Thanksgiving!
Here’s how to Create Your OWN Lazy Day Holiday!
The Lazy Day Holiday Every Family Deserves
- Jammies ALL Day! On our Lazy Day Holiday we stay in our jammies as long as possible. We like to be relax and make creating memories our main focus! We can always find our coziest and comfiest stash of jammies at T.J.Maxx! Just sayin’! ;0)
T.J.Maxx, Marshalls and HomeGoods know family is the greatest gift!
This year they’re hosting the Gift My Gathering contest. This mention-worthy contest inspires people to connect and celebrate what truly matters most – each other.
This holiday season, they will make it possible for five families from across the U.S. to come together and celebrate at a holiday gathering. Pretty exciting, right?!
T.J.Maxx, Marshalls and HomeGoods want to bring you the best holiday gathering yet, so they teamed up with Carla Hall to share her tips and tricks for great holiday gatherings, allowing you more time to focus on what matters most – family.
Through November 28th you can visit giftmygathering.com to tell us how we can help you gather with the people that matter most this holiday season. We’ll select five families from across the U.S. and make it possible for them to be together and celebrate with a custom holiday gathering.
No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Gift My Gathering is sponsored by The TJX Companies, Inc. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S., D.C. and Puerto Rico, 18 & older. Begins 8:00 a.m. ET on 11/13/17 & ends 11:59 p.m. ET on 11/28/17. For official rules, visit giftmygathering.com.
And yes, T.J.Maxx loves encouraging families to have their own holiday — OR Lazy Day!
Be sure to support your local T.J.Maxx this holiday season!
You can locate the
T.J.Maxx nearest you here.
- Have simple games EVERYONE can play. We play classic card games, video games and board games on our lazy day. Nothing too strategic because we’re focusing on just unwinding and relaxing!
- Follow the Buddy Plan. we break out our buddy planner our Lazy Day holiday. That means every family member has a buddy on that day. Those two buddies are responsible for their own snacks, meals and clean-up. They’re allowed to have meals and snacks at their own leisure. Plus they’re only required to tidy up their own personal food mess. All buddy teams do little or no cooking since we typically have leftovers from our recent holiday celebration to enjoy. We always team up a teen with a preschooler, a mom with a toddler etc. so younger children are always supervised by someone responsible!
- Kids get parents FULL attention. No online work and no lengthy phone calls are allowed. This is a time when family comes first and all other distractions are put on pause until after our annual Lazy Day. This is a BIG gift to our family!
- No shopping or decorating allowed. There are plenty of other days to devote to those fun adventures! before our Lazy Day, we’ve already done our gift shopping at T.J.Maxx and snagged our favorite holiday decor, brand name candles and cozy slippers. By the time our Lazy Day Holiday comes around, we’re holiday ready!
- Have a stash of holiday treats. Hot chocolate, egg nog, Christmas cookies and of course fruitcake are always a hit on our Lazy Day! All treats are prepped the day before so we can stick to our no-cook rule!
- Watch Classic Christmas movies. We love finding a classic Christmas movie that our kids haven’t seen yet! We watched our favorite version of The Christmas Carol last night and it was interesting to hear all the curious questions the kids had after the movie! So many classics have strong storylines and moral character lessons that they provide lots of family dialogue after the movie ends!
You can download this printable to prepare for your Lazy Day Holiday!
Does this Lazy Day Holiday sound fun to you?
What would you add to the Lazy Day holiday?
Chat with us about it on social media!