These Cookies Have Snickers Hidden Inside!
Easy, homemade cookies make every day better!
My kids and I love baking cookies in the kitchen.
Open bags of flour, fresh eggs and bags of sugar line our kitchen countertops on our busiest baking days.
And we always like to go the extra mile when we’re baking for a crowd — like hiding a surprise inside of a freshly baked cookie!
These cookies are soft, chewy and surround a little morsel of chocolatey, peanut butter nuttiness that many people affectional yet call Snickers.
Super Soft Cookies are the Best!
Even non-candy, carb fans love to dig their teeth into these cookies.
Because the pairing of the homemade cookie perfectly blends with the ooey, gooey surprise inside.
Need a cookie for the school or church’s bake sale? This will be a winner!
Have a cookie exchange coming up?
Snickers Surprise Cookies will be a Hit!
I’ll be honest. I only starting baking homemade cookies about 8 years ago.
I should hide my head in embarrassment, shouldn’t I?
My family was never a big homemade cookie type of family.
And when I got married my husband didn’t want me to focus on making desserts or treats.
He wanted to make sure we had tasty, healthy and meaty meals.
Desserts, treats, and cookies got pushed to the back burner while savory dishes took center stage.
However, when I started baking homemade cookies my husband couldn’t stay out of the cookie jar!
And we make sure we bake a batch of homemade cookies often!
There’s something about a homemade cookie that makes people relax and want to “sit a spell.”
If you hand someone a plate of homemade cookies and a glass of lemonade, you just may need to scratch out an hour or so off your schedule so you can listen to all their thoughts and troubles.
Easy Snickers Cookie Recipe
And that’s the very reason I love baking cookies for friends, family and neighbors.
How can you make someone’s day special with Snickers surprise cookies?
Here’s a few, fun ideas for you!
Make Someone’s Day Special with Snickers Surprise Cookies
- Take a batch to someone who just had surgery.
- Take a batch to a new mommy.
- Take a batch to your elderly neighbors.
- Take a batch to someone who’s moving into a new home.
Any other ideas of “batch worthy” situations?
You won’t lose with these cookies!
They’re soft, perfectly sweetened and include the best surprise a cookie fan could have — MORE chocolate!
Enjoy your Snickers surprise cookies and be sure to share this recipe with your family and friends!
They’ll want to whip up a batch too!
Snickers Surprise Cookies
These Snickers surprise cookies are soft and chewy cookies that hold a chocolaty surprise inside. Share the surprise with someone you love today!
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 13 oz package of Snickers miniatures OR larger snicker bars cut in fourths
- melted chocolate, optional
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit
- Combine butter, peanut butter and sugars using a mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add eggs and vanilla until thoroughly combined.
- To this mixture add the salt and baking soda.
- Add the flour slowly until a soft dough forms.
- Let the dough chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes unwrap all the snickers.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and divide into 1 tablespoon pieces.
- Make a ball of dough in your hand and then press with your thumb to make an indention for the snickers.
- Place snickers in the center of each piece of dough and pull the dough together forming a ball around each snickers candy.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 300 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove cookies from cookie sheet and let cool. Now you may drizzle a little chocolate coating over each cookie. When chocolate has hardened they are ready to serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g