This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BackToButterball #CollectiveBias
Our family loves simple recipes that are hearty, easy-to-clean up, and taste incredible! And during busy school days (we have six kids in school!), we need creative meal ideas that don’t take a lot of prep or time to throw together!
Tough order to fill?
These stuffed turkey tomatoes are the perfect choice and fit the bill!
Serve these turkey stuffed tomatoes with jasmine white rice and some freshly sautéed green beans, and you have a perfectly yummy, but simple, back-to-school night meal!
Why make stuffed turkey tomatoes?
These simple stuffed tomatoes are a great way to get my entire family around the dinner table on busy school nights.
We’re all working diligently during the day so we truly enjoy our evening meals and love the leisure of a meal that doesn’t involve 15 ingredients or three separate cooking methods.
During the school year we need simple.
Can you relate?
We chose Butterball® ground turkey for our favorite stuffed tomatoes.
Why choose Butterball to make these stuffed turkey tomatoes? Because with Butterball you know you’re getting all natural with no artificial ingredients ground turkey!
Even though Butterball is best known for the centerpiece of Thanksgiving holidays, this company also offers a wide range of other turkey products!
Oh! And because I know you’re busy moms who need a budget break, here’s a coupon you can use to save $1.00 on any ONE (1) package of Butterball® ground turkey. Coupon expires 10/31 or while supplies last.
And if you’re on a turkey cooking binge, grab some more turkey recipes here!
And these turkey stuffed tomatoes?
Well, stuffed tomatoes have a been a special part of our family for about nine years.
My two teens know how to make them completely on their own now.
My best friend even makes this same exact recipe for stuffed turkey tomatoes as well.
And my teens, my best friend and I all know we can grab all the ingredients we need right at Wal-mart!
Makes life super-easy!
I see our family’s future brimming over with stuffed turkey tomatoes!
Ready to add this recipe to your family’s favorite recipe collection?
Grab the recipe below!
Easy Stuffed Turkey Tomatoes
- 10 medium sized red or yellow tomatoes the less ripe, the better
- 1 pound Butterball Ground Turkey
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt or chicken boullian
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons freshly minced sawleaf or cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cut tomatoes in half and remove all pulp.
- Turn cut side down onto paper towel and let drain.
- Next, combine ground turkey with all seasonings and mix with hands until all seasonings are thoroughly incorporated.
- Now, stuff each tomato half with about 1 tablespoon of the turkey mixture.
- Then, add 3 tablespoons oil to a large skillet and heat on medium-low heat.
- Place stuffed tomatoes open-side down into pan and cook for about 15 minutes or until tomatoes have softened a little.
- Then, flip onto other side and continue cooking an additional 10 minutes.
- Do not cook too fast because the turkey will not be cooked thoroughly.
- Both sides of the tomatoes need to be heated to thoroughly cook the turkey. Makes 20 stuffed tomatoes.