Simple ingredients plus double chocolate frosting equals the only yellow cake you need. Seriously, you can throw away Aunt Sara’s yellow cake recipe right now and start your own beyond awesome yellow cake tradition!
Light and fluffy is just one of the secrets to an amazing cake. Be patient, gentle and make sure the batter is exactly that — nothing less, nothing more.
Oh, and don’t forget to use butter instead of oil! Makes a huge difference to create a super-rich, dense gorgeous cake. Trust me on this one!
But there are two other very common, super-bug mistakes that novice bakers make over and over again. Ready to hear them?
Many novice bakers leave the cake in the oven too long. What problem does this create? An over-baked cake is dry — bone dry. Yucky-nobody-wants-to-eat-it cake is the final result of an over-baked cake, so keep an eye on this gorgeous yellow cake!
OK. Number two mistake. Always, always, ALWAYS be patient and let the cake completely — I mean completely — cool before frosting. Do you see a common problem here? Most novice bakers hurry through the process of creating a beautiful, dive-in, super-moist, dee-lish, melt in your mouth cake. They rush through mixing, cooling and then forget about the baking part and overtake the cake.
Don’t rush off when you’re baking a cake — your cake creation needs your attention. Once the cake is completely cooled, frost, decorate and then you can forget about it until ready to serve!
If you have a super-sneaky cake baking tip, I want to hear it! Share it with me on Facebook or Instagram! See you there!
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup melted semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease and flour your favorite cake pan.
- In large mixing bowl, mix butter and sugar together until smooth and creamy,
- Slowly add eggs, vanilla and baking powder. Continue to beat until smooth.
- Add the flour and milk slowly, alternating the milk and flour. Continue to mix cake batter just until all ingredients are mixed.
- Add cake batter to your greased cake pan and bake 22-25 minutes or until cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let completely cool before frosting.
For the frosting
- Place all ingredients except the melted chocolate in medium bowl and mix on medium speed with electric mixture until smooth.
- Add melted chocolate and mix again until frosting is smooth.
- Decorate cake as desired and add marshmallows for a fun topping!
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g