Do you ever associate food with memories?
In case I’m not the only weirdo who loves zucchini chocolate chunk bread, let me share with you how we met.
Once upon a time…
In a land far, far away…
There lived a very tired preggo wife.
She was hurriedly showering and preparing for her family’s holiday outing when horror of horrors the doorbell rang!
She was barely out of the shower and couldn’t possibly scurry to open the door.
Have you ever seen a pregnant woman scurry?
I didn’t think so.
As soon as she was properly dressed, she opened the front door to find a small package with her name on it.
Inside some carefully wrapped aluminum foil was some delicious zucchini chocolate chunk bread.
And another carefully wrapped package contained two small loaves of perfectly spiced pumpkin bread.
The homemade scents of freshly baked yumminess created a warmness in the tired, baby-carrying body that belonged to the still, super-young mom.
And that, dear zucchini chocolate chunk bread fans, began my love for homemade baked goods.
Don’t be intimidated by this simple homemade bread.
There’s a reason why people bake it for neighbors and friends…it’s not stressful or a finicky recipe!
Here’s What you Need for the Perfect Zucchini Bread:
We use canola or sunflower oil.
Use room temperature, large eggs.
Use your favorite brand that you can measure scoop by scoop.
Over the past few years, I’ve switched to the more expensive brands that are REAL vanilla extract.
I think it’s definitely worth using the good stuff in your favorite sweet bread recipes.
Make sure it’s fresh and not past the expiration date!
This makes the flavor pop!
Yes, please! This creates a perfect blend of flavors.
Baking powder and Baking soda.
Don’t add too much of these too!
If you have Himilayan pink salt, that’s a good choice!
Freshly grated zucchini.
This is the star of the recipe!
This makes this bread enter into the indulgent, comfort food list.
Why Everyone Loves Homemade Zucchini Bread
Not only does homemade baked bread brighten other people’s days and it also makes your house smell amazing.
Go ahead and put it to the test.
Don’t light a candle.
Don’t burn some essential oils.
Instead, bake up some real scents from real food!
Try baking these blueberry muffins too!
They smell sooooo good!
Freshly grated zucchini and chunks of delicious chocolate pair perfectly in this melt-in-your mouth bread.
- Bake it for yourself.
- Bake it for your spouse.
- Bake it for your kids.
- Bake it for your neighbors.
- Bake it for your mom.
Just bake it!
And when you’re done baking the zucchini bread, make these double chocolate, zucchini muffins!
Everybody needs some muffins in their life!
And don’t worry — you’re getting some veggies in when you sink your teeth into this super-soft bread!
Check out the ingredient list — 2 cups of shredded zucchini! (You’ll find loads of veggies this zucchini lasagna too!)
That’s a good bit of green, yummy food to wrap up into a baked comfort food!
How to Make Zucchini Bread the BEST Way
This zucchini bread only takes 5 minutes to prep.
- Shred zucchini.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Mix wet ingredients together, including the zucchini.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients.
- Gently pour batter into a prepared loaf pan.
- The End.
Isn’t It Easy to Make Zucchini Bread?
Go ahead and enjoy some homemade baked goodness in your house today!
Find more recipes in our Favorite Recipes Group for Families on Facebook.
See you there!
Zucchini Chocolate Chunk Bread
- 1 cups cooking oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cups white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon all spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grated zucchini (about one large zucchini)
- 8 oz dark chocolate or milk chocolate chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line or spray a 2 standard sized loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat oil, eggs, and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Stir in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and whisk to combine.
- Pour the flour mixture into the egg mixture and stir until combined.
- . Stir in grated zucchini.
- Pour batter into prepared pans and top with chocolate chunks.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 50-55 minutes or until a knife is inserted and comes out clean.
- Bring to room temperature before slicing.