Dump cake mix recipes should be a staple for every homemaker!
One of my close friends introduced me to the world of dump cake recipes over 20 years ago, and I’m still making them!
My husband’s grandmother helped me fall in love with the pineapple version.
It’s exactly like this recipe, except you use one can of pineapple with the juice.
She didn’t drain it or anything and it always turned out perfect!
Let’s dig into the easy, no-fuss details of this classic that you’ll want to share with your family, neighbors, and co-workers!
Be sure to add it to your family’s recipe box too!
It’s a classic everyone will want you to make.
Ingredients for Blueberry Dump Cake
Another easy option is to use one can of blueberry pie filling. I’ve done this in a pinch…shhh! Don’t tell anyone! :)
I use melted, salted butter.
This sweetens the fresh blueberries.
Avoid using imitation vanilla flavoring. Real vanilla extract makes a big difference in flavor!
Use box of yellow cake mix. Or, to change things up, try using lemon cake mix instead. Either one tastes amazing!
How to Make Blueberry Dump Cake
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In an 8×8 inch baking pan, mix together 3 1⁄2 cups blueberries, 1/3 melted butter, sugar, and vanilla.
- Pour the yellow cake mix over the pan evenly and gently level cake mix using the back of a spoon.
- Add the rest of the melted butter to the baking pan. Sprinkle the remaining blueberries over cake mix topping.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Let cake cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Tips on Making Blueberry Dump Cake
- Use white cake mix, yellow, or lemon in this recipe. Yellow is the classic go-to that generations have loved!
- Add vanilla ice cream right when the dump cake is still warm…it’s too good that way!
- For leftovers, heat dump cake up for a few seconds before eating…and add the ice cream!
- Add dump cake, ice cream, and a few splashed o milk to a blender to an amazing milkshake!
More Blueberry Recipes You’ll Love!
Blueberry Dump Cake
A classic, easy dump cake recipe that's loaded with sweetened blueberries! It's the perfect, simple dessert for cobbler and cake fans!
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup salted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 box yellow cake mix (15.25 oz)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In an 8x8 inch baking pan, mix together 3 1⁄/2 cups blueberries, 1/3 melted butter, and sugar,
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Gently pour cake mix over the pan evenly.
- Add the remaining melted butter to the baking pan.
- Sprinkle remaining blueberries over cake mix.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 295Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 183mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 2gSugar: 21gProtein: 1g
Nutrition values are estimates only, and are provided only as a courtesy.