Cherry cheesecake sugar cookie cups are a go-to for a big party or get together.
Gorgeous little sugar cookie cups are filled to the brim with creamy cheesecake and topped with sweet and tangy cherry topping.
Don’t forget to add some dollops of homemade whipped cream and a few sprinkles of chocolate.
Simple recipes keep this busy mom sane.
Ok, they keep me happy, sane and smiling!
I even created a super simple dessert book you can grab now! It makes whipping up a dessert so easy you’ll want to try a new dessert recipe every single week!
And since they’re crazy-easy, your kids can help too!
Who doesn’t love a little sweet treat here and there?
And every weekend?
And every holiday?
In our family no-bake cheesecakes are always an option.
They’re smooth, creamy, create little mess and are definitely a low-fuss choice!
You can check out another family fave — chocolate peanut butter cheesecake with a pretzel crust here.
That one is soooooo good. Trust me on this one.
Hmmm….maybe we should make it today!
Cherry Cheesecake Cookie Cups are Super Simple!
Yeah, we’re always changing things up.
Sugar cookie crust today, pretzel crust tomorrow!
But no matter how we change up our recipes, we always try to keep dessert simple!
You won’t find Baked Alaska on our menu — ha!
Oh, and we got really wild and crazy with some frozen oreo cheesecake bites. Want to try those? You can grab those here!
Back to this dee-lish recipe…:)
Not a fan of cherry topping?
You’re not alone. My husband is a no-frills kind of cheesecake guy.
But the rest of us? We LOVE toppings!
Top your cheesecake with chocolate chips, caramel or even a strawberry or apricot topping.
Change things up!
Life is more blissful when you’re spontaneous, right?!
This turtle recipe for cheesecake has a fun topping idea!
And who doesn’t love turtle cheesecake?!
If you want to be super lazy — ahem — I mean creative you can use store bought sugar cookie dough for the crust, but you didn’t hear that tip from me.
I firmly believe that 90% of the time “from scratch” is better.
Except pancakes. I love using a mix for those.
If you want to use a store-bought crust, no judgment here, friend.
All love — wink, wink!
Ready to dig in?
Easy-peasy, cherry cheesecake sugar cookie cups recipe is below!
Just print, make and eat!
But you better make extra! Everyone will want more than one serving.
Pinky promise! <3
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the cheesecake filling
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cups whipped cream
- 1 cup cherry pie filling
- sprinkles, optional
- Cream the butter and sugar together with a mixer until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour and baking powder and then slowly add it to the sugar-butter mixture.
- Once all of the flour is incorporated into the dough, form into a ball and cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes before shaping into cookie cups.
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Grease a muffin or tart tin and press 1-2 Tablespoons of chilled cookie dough into each indentation and press to shape into a cup shape (along the bottom and sides of the indentation).
- When each muffin tin is full, bake the cookie cups for 8-12 minutes (will vary depending on the size of your tin).
- Allow the cookie cups to cool in the muffin tray before removing.
- For the cheesecake filling, mix together the vanilla, cream cheese and whipped cream until fully combined.
- Spoon 1-2 Tablespoons of the cream cheese filling into the cookie cups and top with 1 Tablespoon of the cherry pie filling.
- Add sprinkles and serve!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g