Want to mix things up mix things up a little, but still use flavors everyone knows and loves? Crab rangoon taquitos are to the rescue! This fun appetizer is a unique combination of everyone’s favorite finger foods — crab rangoon and taquitos!
We even get a little fancy and add a fresh raspberry and jalapeno salsa for dipping. Not only does it add color and flair, but the sweet and sour flavor combo in the salsa complements the cheese-filled, baked taquitos.
Oh, did I forget to mention that part earlier? The taquitos are baked, so you can make them all at once while you wrap up other important party or meal details.
Start by making the salsa, which can be made up to a day in advance. I’d recommend at least an hour in advance so you give the flavors time to blend. Simply combine all the ingredients in a bowl and use a basic potato masher to create a nice chunky salsa. Cover and refrigerate until you’re ready to serve.
The taquitos are just as easy to assemble. Mix the filling in a bowl, fill the tortillas, roll, and bake! To make the taquitos nice and crispy, spray with either non-stick cooking spray, or use a cooking oil mister to use the oil of your choice. Bake, and serve warm! You will see a little bit of filling come out of the taquitos, but you can use a small spoon to push it back in when you take the pan out of the oven, and the filling will set perfectly inside the taquito wrapper for serving, I promise!
Serve while the taquitos are still warm, and you’ll be surprised at how fast they disappear off the table! I could barely get photos before they were devoured by my husband and little one. ;)
*Affiliate links have been added to help you create perfect taquitos!
- 6 oz fresh raspberries
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh jalapenos
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 10 6 " corn tortillas, or a corn/flour blend
- 12 oz cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz crab meat, drained and checked for shell pieces
- 1 clove finely minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp fresh chives or green onions, finely diced
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp chipotle powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- cooking spray or oil for misting
- Make the salsa by combining all ingredients in a bowl and mashing together using a potato masher to make a chunky salsa. Adjust seasoning to taste and then cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- When you are ready to make the taquitos, start by preheating the oven to 425 F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Combine the cream cheese, crab meat, garlic, lime juice, chives, Worcestershire, chipotle, and salt in a bowl and mix with a fork until well combined.
- Soften the tortillas so you can roll them easily. Place on a microwave safe plate covered with a damp paper towel and microwave 20 seconds.
- Take the first tortilla, add about 3 tablespoons of filling, and roll. Cut in half and place on the baking sheet. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Spray the tortillas with cooking oil and bake 15-20 minutes until lightly golden with crisp edges.
- Remove the tray from the oven and use a spoon to gently push any filling that fell out of the taquitos back in. Allow to set 5-10 minutes on the pan and then serve immediately with the raspberry dipping salsa.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g