For several years now my kids have been telling me to share my creamy tuna skillet recipe with all of you. It’s a family favorite around here. But, I wanted to spice it up — you know, add some fun and fancy flairs to it before I shared it with the world. But now it’s ready. It’s been tweaked to fancied perfection. In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if this recipe was served at one of the four or five star restaurants that could be in your not-so-distant future.
Even though this version is spruced up with loads of flavor and gorgeous creaminess, it’s still easy to pull together and serve on a busy summer or school night. After all, my mission is to help moms enjoy motherhood — not spend hours in the kitchen!
And my favorite canned fish comes in some awesome varieties now! And yes, for this restaurant-style recipe, I used only the best — Bumble Bee® Prime Fillet® Albacore Tuna with Sundried Tomatoes & Olive Oil. Did you know there was such a thing? I mean it already comes with some of my fave ingredients I use when tweaking my homestyle recipes into more luxiruous ones. Psst! I had a difficult time finding mine. It was on the tipsy top shelf at the grocery store — so make sure you take a few minutes and locate it at yours. Trust me — it’s worth the hunt!
Those resealable bags the albacore tuna comes in makes this recipe even more convenient for busy moms! You really have no excuses for not trying this dee-lish recipe that’s packed with protein!
If you’re worried about all the dairy that could be in this recipe, worry no more. For many years I made pasta dishes with butter and milk. But this one? It’s olive oil, water, Parmesan cheese and condensed cream of mushroom soup. Sure, there’ still some dairy included, but much less than your typical creamy,cheesy pasta dishes. But you won’t miss the creaminess! My family oohs ash over this version — and yours will too!
Oooh! And guess what else? You can make this fancied version in ONE skillet. Really! The entire process uses one skillet. And you know what that means for busy moms? Less dishes! You’re so very welcome! Enjoy this recipe with your family tonight and say goodbye to a sink full of dirty, icky dishes!
Do you have any amazing tuna recipes to share? Share them with us on social media! Can’t wait to see them!
Creamy Tuna Skillet
Yield: 6 servings
- 4 oz. angel hair pasta that has been cooked and drained in a skillet with olive oil and water
- 5 oz. Prime Fillet Albacore tuna with sun-ripened tomatoes and olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup additional sun-ripened tomatoes
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped basil
- 1 15 0z can of condensed ream of mushroom soup
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In same skillet that you cooked the angel hair pasta, heat 2 Tablespoons of olive oil on medium-high heat. Once heated, cook garlic clove until soft.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Cook on medium-high heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring intermittently.
- Garnish with additional unripened tomatoes, fresh basil and Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.