Our family LOVES chicken tenders. I have tried about 20 different recipes to find the perfect chicken tender for our family. I wanted a crunchy crust packed with flavor. Friends, I believe I have found the perfect, flavor-packed recipe.
This is a recipe I conjured up in my head as I imagined my favorite spices and flavors associated with chicken. This recipe does not have egg in it, simply because I do not like eggs in fried things. It still holds together, obviously. Feel free to add an egg or two if it will annoy you to leave out the eggs.:) The oil in the italian dressing helps keep things together.
[include id=”6″ title=”inside post ad”]
Don’t be tempted to feed your family chicken nuggets from your local fast food joint. Instead, fill their mouths with loads of flavor with these special recipe — straight from a mama’s kitchen. In fact, out of all of our chicken tender recipes (and we have many) this is my son’s favorite, and probably everyone else’s. He always begs me to make this. In fact, he offers to cut up all the chicken and even help with clean up. Yep. You know it’s good when a 12-year-old boy offers to help clean up!
I call this crumb-snatchin because this is exactly what my kids did after everyone was finished with their tenders. The crunchy crumbs left on the plates were up for grabs and my kids went after the loot! Make your family the perfect chicken tender this week and watch those crumbs disappear!
Now, go snag your chicken tender recipe below!
Crumb Snatchin’ Chicken Tenders
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into strips
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 8 oz. bottle Italian dressing
- 2 Tbsps. paprika
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. McCormick Perfect Pinch Chicken Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. oregano
- Oil for frying
- In large skillet, place 1 1/2 inches of oil and heat on med-high.
- Meanwhile, in medium-sized bowl combine flour and seasonings, except Italian dressing.
- Stir until thoroughly mixed.
- In a smaller bowl, pour the Italian dressing.
- Now, dip one chicken tender in the dressing and then in the flour mixture. Repeat for each tender and fry in skillet until golden brown on both sides. Watch the tenders carefully so you will not burn them. The oil will continue to heat, so I turn the skillet off after emptying each batch.
- Drain chicken tenders and serve with your choice of dipping sauce.
*Affiliate links have been added to a meal planning resource!*