This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #EnterTheWonderVault #CollectiveBias.
Family nights are the glue that keeps families together. This crazy-important time creates super-strong parent/child relationships as well as precious lifelong memories.
I’m so excited we get to chat about one of the most-loved aspects of family night — snacks! And we’re chatting about the best of the best, super favorite snacks that keep kids and parents looking forward to family night!
And family night wouldn’t be as “Wonderfilled” without OREO sandwich cookies — especially now! I can’t wait to tell you about the new exciting flavors! I’ve been telling all my friends and family about them already!
Go ahead and block off a special day for a family night. We choose Friday nights because that works best for our schedule! Our kids look forward to family night every single week. We plan games, crafts, movies and super-late nights to make our Friday nights burst with ginormous barrels of fun. Enjoy our beloved list of fun snack ideas below and treasures your family fun nights!
Favorite Family Fun Night Snacks
- Cheese and ham cracker platter. Grab a pizza pan and line it with your fave cuts of cheese, sliced ham and favorite crackers. Add a few olives to make it fancy schmancy. My family loves being served snacks on a “platter.”
- Non-traditional flavored cookies. Oooh! OREO has exciting flavors to pick from! Our family’s choices? OREO Red Velvet cookies and OREO Birthday Cake cookies. So good! You can also find OREO Cinnamon Bun and OREO Salted Caramel flavored cookies. It’s fun to sample different flavors on family fun night! Now with the BOGO deal these fun cookies are a fun and totally affordable way to make family night the BEST night!
- Homemade popcorn. It’s always fun to make family night snacks together! It’s super simple to make your own popcorn at home. Grab some popcorn kernels, your choice of cooking oil and a lidded saucepan. Barely cover the bottom of the saucepan with oil, toss in the kernels, cover with lid and heat the popcorn kernels until kernels are popped and popping slows down. Top with salt or other desired flavors!
- Brightly colored fruit platter. Choose colorful fruits for family night. Peel and slice for a fun, colorful platter!
- Veggie, meat and cheese kabobs. Super simple! Grab some wooden skewers and slide fresh veggies, meat and cheese onto the skewers. The entire family can help make these! Take it a step further and dip the skewers in your favorite salad dressing!
- Hummus, chips and veggies. Hummus is such a simple snack to make! You can jazz up your own homemade recipe by using different beans, spices and oils. Serve up several types hummus and provide chips and dips for fun scooping!
- Simple granola bars. Our family loves packing these granola bars for trips or adding them to our weekly family fun night fun! You an even add a homemade frosting to the top for an extra dash of sweetness!
- Stove top pizza dip. Moms — you’ll love how easy this stovetop pizza dip recipe is to make and how it makes every pizza lover smile! My family loves pizza, so they love this snack! Feel free to dip your favorite breads, chips or pretzels in this yummy dip!
- Sweet and Salty S’mores. No campfire needed for these simple treats that combine sweetness with saltiness. Go ahead — be brave and serve s’mores this family fun night!
- Candy surprises. No one’s going to complain about trying out some new candy surprises on family fun night! Not sure which new candy to try? Here’s my recommendation: MILKA OREO Chocolate Candy Bar. What is it? It’s crunchy bits of OREO plus creme filling plus rich MILKA chocolate candy. And if you’re not familiar with MILKA,let me just tell you this: MILKA is one of Europe’s leading chocolate brands, made with milk from the European Alps and the finest cocoa bans. It’s chocolate that even moms approve of — and we know moms are chocolate snobs!
You can snag the fun flavored OREO cookies and the MILKA OREO chocolate bar at your local Kroger. Our OREO cookies and chocolate bar came from this store. Why would you choose Kroger for your OREO purchases?
Because there’s nobody who’s more “in the know” than a Kroger mom, and in 2017 she’s getting inside access to the Kroger OREO Wonder Vault to discover everything OREO. Mmm-hmmm. That means Kroger moms find the info they love to share when they explore the OREO Wonder Vault.
Exciting in-store Kroger demos are happening 6/15-6/18. Demos will present Kroger-exclusive recipes, information on the newest OREO flavors, limited edition varieties, the new MILKA OREO Chocolate Candy Bar, fun facts about the history of OREO and Kroger, and much, much more. Sounds fun, right?! And the BOGO offer details is always available 6/14-6/20 in Kroger stores. Two wins!
Enjoy your family fun night and make sure you grab your fave flavor of Oreo cookies too!
Thanks to Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser for sponsoring this post! All opinions are mine alone.