Hi you busy mom you! Life seems like an endless rush or library trips, cooking meals, cleaning house and kissing boo-boos, doesn’t it? But you still need to take time to eat healthy! Here are some super easy healthy snacks for busy moms like you. Why? Because healthy snacks should be quick, easy and no-brainers.
Recently I’ve had to start increasing the amount of time I exercise as well as decrease my calorie intake. I also have to keep my blood sugar level because it has a tendency to drop. So I have to keep super-easy, healthy snacks ready to dive in — all the while grading a test or helping a preschooler tie his shoe. All in a busy mom’s day work, right?
Enjoy this fun round-up of healthy recipes and don’t forget to share yours with us on Facebook. We love hearing for you!
Healthy Snacks for Busy Moms
- Hummus and veggies. Hummus is low calorie and considered a super-food. In my opinion, it’s a super yummy food! Just don’t grab the spinach and artichoke or olive flavor. trust me on this one. Any other variety will be perfect. Want to try to make your own? Try this easy hummus recipe that’s ready in minutes. You can make it in your blender!
- Guacamole and chips. I always grab baked tortilla chips because they have even less calories. Guacamole is packed with avocado which has load of good cholesterol in it. It’s low calorie too!
- Salsa and chips. Mmm…I eat salsa and chips as an entire meal sometimes. Most salsas are anywhere from 10-20 calories per serving!
- Unsweetened applesauce. Another low calorie option that’s easy to take with you on the road or enjoy at home.
- Apples and peanut butter. Some foods are meant to be together! I use natural peanut butter so cut back on sugar. I often share this snack with my kids because they can’t resist it either!
- Greek yogurt. Confession. I am addicted to greek yogurt. If you catch me at the grocery store, you’ll see cartons of greek yogurt in my shopping cart. And a few weeks ago I got to try some new fun flavors from Chobani yogurt!
They sent me the flip version of their amazing flavors because they’re perfect for busy moms. You can flip all the fun toppings into your yogurt and enjoy a healthy snack on the go. My favorite was the almond loco coco. It was definitely a must-try healthy snack — with a twist of luxury!
- Simple fruit salad. Cut up your favorite fruits — apples, bananas, grapes, oranges and blueberries. Toss with orange juice and add a few mini marshmallows for a touch of fun. It’s cinch to throw together last minute!
If you’re a busy mom, make sure you share with our community your healthy snack ideas! Can’t wait to hear them!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.