There’s something that makes you feel luxurious and romantic when you eat cheesecake — even when it’s a no-bake version! I love no-bake versions because they’re much more frugal and easy. In fact, my family loves no-bake cheesecake so much they never ask for the “real” thing — even when I offer!
If you’re around me and my hubby long, you’ll see we disagree on the perfect version of cheesecake. I love chocolate, blueberries and all kind of yummy things on top of mine — but my husband? He’s a plain cheesecake kind-of-guy. No strawberry or chocolate toppings for him! However, this black forest cheesecake quickly changed his mind. In fact, after he was enjoying his second piece of cheesecake, he walked into the kitchen to find me — just to hug and thank me for making this cheesecake. I definitely need to make it more often — wink, wink!
Don’t you love making recipes that make a whole group of people happy — at once? If you do, you definitely should serve this recipe at your next gathering! Fancy it up with whipped cream and chocolate syrup!
The crunchy cookie crust goes perfect with the silky smooth cheesecake. But what really tops it off is the sweet — but not too sweet — black cherry topping. All the flavors blend together for a dessert party in your mouth! Mmm…can’t wait to whip up this recipe again!
I honestly think there are two secrets to making the perfect, no-bake cheesecake. Here’s my humble opinion!
Make sure you have enough sour flavor in the cheesecake. I have tried several recipes that used way too much whipped cream. And what do you end up with when you use too much whipped cream? A soft, super-sweet, over-fluffy version of cheesecake. And honestly, cheesecake snobs will not be impressed. Add more cream cheese, sour cream and even lime juice to give it that extra sour punch it needs. Don’t skimp on the cream cheese!
Make sure it’s silky smooth. How can you do this? By ensuring your cream cheese is softened. Then, patiently beat the cream cheese until smooth before adding the other ingredients.
With those two tips, it’s hard to fail at no-bake cheesecakes.
Enjoy my fave version of cheesecake — black forest no bake cheesecake. It’s sure to be a hit with your friends, family, of course — husband!
- 24 Oreos, crushed
- 1/4 cup butter
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 8 oz. cool whip, thawed (or homemade whipped cream)
- 4 cups blackberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Mix Oreos and butter and press into 9x13 baking dish. Place in freezer or fridge.
- Beat softened cream cheese until smooth, next gradually add remaining ingredients, except the whipped topping. Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Smooth filling on top of cookie crumb crust and refridgerate for one hour.
- While the filling and crust is setting, cook the topping as follows.
- Add the blackberries, sugar and 1/4 cup water to a saucepan or skillet. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until the juices thicken slightly --- about 4 to 5 minutes.
- In a separate small bowl, stir the cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water together until smooth.
- Add the mixture to the berries.,
- Boil the berry mixture another time for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Gently spoon mixture on top of cheesecake and refrigerate for several hours before serving.