Easy snacks and desserts are what make life fun. I love giving my family little extra treats just because. But, I also don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen baking and cleaning! That’s where these no bake, chocolate-dipped cookies come in!
These are seriously the easiest cookies you will ever make! I have been making these easy cookies for years, but just recently did I start dipping them in chocolate. That was definitely a good decision — definitely.
I made these often for kids who attended Children’s Church on Sunday mornings. I just did plain peanut butter and didn’t dip them in chocolate, but they were still a hit! Many times I would freeze the cookies and serve them frozen. That added an extra bit of crunchiness to these easy-peasy cookies!
Peanut butter and chocolate just go perfectly well together — you knew that when you took your first bite of Reese’s didn’t you? You can throw in some added fun by rolling the chocolate-dipped cookies in crushed nuts, sprinkles or flaked coconut. Creative twists make this recipe perfect for families — anything goes!
I wish I had caught my five-year-old’s reaction when she bit into these simple cookies.
“Mom!” she exclaimed with big eyes. “These are better than cupcakes and muffins!”
Not sure if I agree with her, but she was adament about her opinion!
My kids love me being a food blogger — you know why, right? They get to eat all the recipes we put on the blog. This one was exceptionally hard for them to wait for the photo to be taken. One by one, five of my six kids asked if mom and dad had snapped the food photo yet. They were ready to dive into some chocolate-dipped cookies!
Though these really need no explanation, I will give you the recipe anyway so your kiddos can even make them on their own (with adult supervision during the dipping process).
Have fun not spending hours in the kitchen and enjoying the cute, easy, no-bake treats of life!
No Bake, Chocolate-Dipped Cookies
- Vanilla Wafers
- Peanut Butter
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- cooking oil for melting
- Create cookie sandwiches by spreading a vanilla wafer with peanut butter and then topping it with another wafer. Make as many as needed.
- Grab a few handfuls of chocolate chips and toss them in a sauce pan.
- Add enough cooking oil so the bottom of the pan is covered.
- Melt the chocolate chips over medium-low heat while constantly stirring with a wire whisk. If chocolate gets too thick, add more oil, one tablespoon at a time.
- Once chocolate chips are melted, pour into an 8 ounce cup for easy dipping.
- Dip cookie sandwiches half-way into melted chocolate and place on waxed paper to cool.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve or freeze.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g