Snowman Rice Krispy Treats are Easy to Make!
Rice krispy treats are one of the easiest recipes to make!
And they’re perfect for special occasions and holidays.
That’s where these adorable, snowmen treats come in!
Just because the holiday season gets super busy, doesn’t mean that I stop making treats for my family!
I just find ones that take less time, but still taste oh-so-good. (Like these candy-corn rice krispie treats!
The Secret to Good Rice Krispy Treats
I always try to add our best cooking and prep tips to our classic and fun recipes!
And these snowman rice krispy treats are no exception!
Add more butter.
If you want more sticky and ooey-gooey treats, then follow this recipe that adds MORE butter!
Don’t leave out the vanilla.
Adding a splash of vanilla makes the flavor of your rice krispie treats really pop!
Don’t forget the salt!
Adding a pinch or two of salt brings out every amazing flavor in these simple treats.
Trust me on this one!
Only a Few Ingredients Needed for This Recipe!
You need 2, 10 oz bags of miniature marshmallows (think…11 cups!) It may seem like a lot, but that keeps these snowmen extra gooey!
9 cups Rice Krispies cereal is all you need!
I know you have some tucked away in your pantry..;0)
Butter, butter, butter!
My favorite ingredient!!
Butter makes everything so much better, right?!
You’ll want to use 3/4 cup unsalted, softened butter to make this recipe absolutely perfect!
Make your own or use store-bought for a quick short-cut! My go to is a simple mix of powdered sugar, butter and vanilla. That’s it!
Here’s an easy recipe to follow!
Miniature chocolate-covered candies.
These make the snowman’s eyes and mouth.
It’s cute and edible!
To add a pop of color to everything!
To make the snowman treats look like they’re made from REAL snow!
When Making The Rice Krispy Treats…
There’s one very important rice krispy making tip you have to know.
Lean in and listen closely.
Do NOT pack the rice krispie treats down into the baking pan.
Did you read that?
No matter what Aunt Sue told you…don’t do it!
Instead, use greased fingers or a greased spatula to softly…gently... spread and stretch the mixture into the pan.
Then, and only then, use a flat spatula to very gently press the mixture down.
Do not force the treats into the pan or your treats will be thin and hard.
I warned you so don’t complain if you don’t resist the urge to smoosh those treats into the pan…;0)
Ready to Make Snowman Rice Krispy Treats?
The full recipe is below!
Don’t forget to grab our easy recipe book here for more dessert ideas!
The CUTEST Snowman Rice Krispie Treats
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 11 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- two pinches salt
- 9 cups crispy rice cereal
- vanilla frosting
- Miniature candy coated chocolate candies
- Orange food coloring
- Green food coloring
- Shredded coconut
- Line a 9×13 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Lightly grease the parchment.
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a very large pot. Once melted, add the marshmallows.
- Stir the mixture until the marshmallows are completely melted.
- Remove from heat and add the vanilla and salt.
- Gently stir in your Rice Krispies cereal until your cereal is evenly covered in your marshmallow mixture.
- Let treats set for a few hours or refridgerate.
- Use a circle cookie cutter on the scalloped side to cut out circle-shapes.
- Frost the top of your Rice Krispie Treats with vanilla frosting and dip the top into shredded coconut.
- Mix one cup of frosting with a few drops of orange food coloring and another cup with a few drops of green food coloring.
- Mix each separately and scoop into a decorating bags.
- Pipe on a carrot nose on the center of each snowman Rice Krispie.
- Dab a small amount of vanilla frosting onto the back on several candies and stick two above the nose for eyes and five below the nose for a mouth.
- Use the green frosting and draw a half circle on the top of snowman for ear muffs.
- Place one green on each side.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve!