Macaroni and Cheese made with Shells and Bacon!
When cooler weather comes around I crave comfort, cheesy foods.
But, I like homemade and super simple meals!
And trust me — this stove-top bacon shells and cheese recipe will make you toss your stash of boxed instant shells and cheese!
I’ve been making stove-top macaroni and cheese for many years now.
I always ignore the boxed mac and cheese aisle now because I know how much better homemade shells or macaroni and cheese tastes.
Plus, it’s a cinch to cook up on a busy day or night!
The last time I made this recipe, there were no left-overs.
In fact, my kids kept buzzing around asking, “Is daddy eating with us today or is he meeting someone for lunch?”
They only had one motive in asking that question — second and third servings!
Homemade Macaroni and Cheese is Easy to Make!
Tips for Better Macaroni and Cheese
Macaroni and cheese is definitely an easy side dish (or main dish), but there are a few tips that make it even better!
- Add milk slowly. You don’t want your macaroni and cheese to be too milky. You want it to be a thick, creamy consistency that’s seasoned well.
- Serve immediately. Macaroni and cheese is not one of those dishes that gets better as it sits. For best flavor, serve immediately.
- If you have to serve this dish later, add warm milk and a few dashes of extra salt before serving!
Ready to dive into some homemade, comfort foodie approved, stove-top bacon shells and cheese recipe?
Make Bacon Macaroni and Cheese Tonight!
Check it out below, grab your favorite saucepan and let’s get cooking!
- 1/2 pound pasta shells
- 10 slices American cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup whole milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup of real bacon bits
- 2 tablespoons of parsley for garnish
- In large sauce pan, bring shells to boil in salted water. (About 1/2 teaspoon salt)
- Cook until al dente and drain shells.
- Add remaining ingredients, except bacon bits and parsley and cook on medium-low heat while stirring.
- Continue to cook until cheese and butter is melted.
- Once dish is smooth and creamy, stir in bacon bits and parsley.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
*Affiliate links have been added to help you create the perfect stove-top bacon shells and cheese recipe!*