These Apple Turnovers are the Easiest!
Easy apple-focused recipes are one of my favorite traditions of fall!
These three ingredient apple turnovers are one of the easiest, yummiest treats you will ever make.
Let me warn you now…if you make this recipe once, and your family will ask for it again and again!
Breakfast is probably one of the meals I dread to make the most.
Why is that?
I think it’s because I get in the french toast, pancakes, cereal, and oatmeal rut.
That makes me think that breakfast is a boring necessity.
Plus, it messes up my clean kitchen!
However, I look forward to serving these turnovers for breakfast.
They literally take me only minutes to make and my kids are thoroughly impressed.
They love watching me fold the puff pastry and make small indentations with the knife.
They also jump in and help glaze the turnovers.
Breakfast is anything but boring when these apple turnovers are on the menu!
Ingredients for Apple Turnovers
Puffed pastry sheets
This is the secret behind this recipe. I’m sure our great-grandmothers wish they had this back when they were doing their fall baking! :)
This ingredient makes this recipe a cinch. You can get cinnamon flavored, chunky, organic, unsweetened…whichever you prefer!
You can also make your own apple filling if you like!
Homemade Vanilla Glaze
I discovered this recipe about 15 years ago and was amazed at how perfectly simple it was to make! It’s a game-changer for sure!
Don’t you love meals and treats that use five ingredients or less?
Me too. I couldn’t wait to get these up on the website!
I wanted to make some mom’s breakfast menu a little bit more fun and easy.
You don’t have to make these just for breakfast, you can serve them as snacks or desserts. Haven’t seen someone turn down an awesome turnover yet!
Stay tuned because there are lots more yummy turnover recipes on the way!
If you love this recipe, take a few minutes to let me know or share with your friends on Facebook!
More Turnover Recipes
- 2 puffed pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 c. applesauce
- 1 c. vanilla glaze
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- Place puffed pastry sheets on clean, dry surface. Cut each pastry sheet into four squares.
- Place one tablespoon of applesauce on one half of the square.
- Fold over from corner to corner into a triangle shape, and press edges together to seal. Place turnovers on an ungreased baking sheet, leaving about 1 inch between them.
- If desired, crimp edges with fork.
- Cut three small indentations on the thickest part of the turnover to resemble small apple pies.
- Brush with one beaten egg, if desired.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- When golden brown and puffed up, remove from oven and drizzle vanilla glaze on top using the prongs of a fork.
- If you desire to make your own glaze, simple whisk together, 1 cup powdered sugar, 3 tablespoons of milk, and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 184Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 76mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 2g
Nutrition values are estimates only, and are provided only as a courtesy.