Pumpkin Pie Turnovers Are Ready in Minutes!
A few years ago I started making apple turnovers.
And then my obsession with turnovers began.
Of course I had to come up with a pumpkin version of turnovers!
Turnovers were simple desserts I could give to a neighbor to cheer them up.
They were little pockets of sweetness I could share with a friend.
And they’re super simple, but seem so luxurious!
Turnovers Are Simple to Make!
I’m a huge pumpkin spice latte fan, but when I want to eat my calories instead of drink them, these pumpkin turnovers are perfect for getting my pumpkin pie flavors fix.
And I don’t have to make a pie crust!
Don’t get my wrong, I love a good pumpkin pie or pumpkin dessert with a pie crust, but I just don’t like making the crust…ha!
Pumpkin Pie Turnovers Don’t Require a Pie Crust
There’s one amazing ingredient that makes pumpkin pie turnovers possible.
And maybe you’ve never baked with it before.
But I dare you to change that today.
Because it will change lives.
You, your kids, your family..
Ok, maybe not that drastic, ha!
But it will make people in your life love you more!
And maybe, just maybe, you’ll be known as the friend who makes the best turnovers ever.
Plus, you’ll always volunteer to make them because they’re easy-peasy!
That’s the secret to the perfect pumpkin pie turnover!
Because of puffed pastry.
With the magical invention of puffed pastry all you do is thaw out the pastry, form it how you want, fill it with yummy ingredients and bake.
But of course you have to drizzle a homemade glaze on top of each turnover.
And that’s simple to make too!
No stress baking.
Only fun. <3
Plus, I could make so many different variations!
Pumpkin Pie Turnovers is Just One Version
The ideas you’ll come up with once you master a turnover recipe are endless!
We’ve made chocolate chip versions, Nutella versions and even cherry versions.
But pumpkin pie turnovers are truly one of my favorite versions because I’m a huge pumpkin anything fan!
Go ahead and enjoy pumpkin pie season the right way — with an easy pumpkin pie turnover!
And be sure to bake a few extra for your friends and neighbors! <3
Want More Easy Dessert Recipes?
Bs sure to Grab our Easy Dessert Recipe Book here!
More Turnover Recipes
- 2 puffed pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix pumpkin puree, brown sugar and remaining spices in medium mixing bowl until smooth.
- Place puffed pastry sheets on clean, dry surface. Cut each pastry sheet into four squares.
- Place one and a half HEAPING tablespoons of pumpkin puree on one half of the square.
- Fold over from corner to corner into a triangle shape, and press edges together to seal.
- Place turnovers on an ungreased baking sheet, leaving about 1 inch between them.
- If desired, crimp edges with fork.
- Cut three small indentations on the thickest part of the turnover to resemble small pies.
- Brush with one beaten egg, if desired.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- When golden brown and puffed up, remove from oven and drizzle vanilla glaze on top using the prongs of a fork.
- For glaze, simply whisk together powdered sugar, milk and vanilla. If glaze is too thick, gradually increase milk.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g