Need a snazzy breakfast or dessert idea that’s crazy simple?! Triple berry turnovers to the rescue!
These gorgeous, triple berry turnovers are stuffed with cream cheese, berries and the perfect spices to create a sweet treat every berry fan will love!
We love turnovers around here, can you tell?
Oh triple berry turnovers, why do I love thee?
It’s pretty simple.
- I can make these for dessert or breakfast — either way it’s an easy crowdpleaser.
- Berries, cream cheese and buttery flakiness speak to my comfort foodie soul.
- I have a sweet tooth.
- They’re ready in minutes — literally.
What makes these turnovers so crazy simple?
It’s my busy mom, life-saving hack that has helped me create comfort food meals and desserts with little fuss!
And the sugary glaze that adds just the amount of sweetness to these perfectly baked turnovers?
It’s super easy to make too!
I’ll share a little secret with you.
(Writes in hushed tones) When we have out of town guests visiting, I often pack them some turnovers for a simple breakfast to carry back to their hotel or to take on the road.
But, shhh! Don’t tell them! You’ll ruin the surprise!
You can always put the homemade icing or glaze in a sandwich bag if you don’t want the turnovers to get too messy!
I admit, I deplore sticky hands and super sticky food — unless I have a fork!
These triple berry turnovers make a super special, romantic picnic recipe too!
And if you’re one of those poor, unfortunate souls who has yet to indulge in a perfectly baked turnover, may this recipe change your life.
And may you use your triple berry turnover knowledge to bless others!
Pre-heat your oven.
Make your list of people you want to bless with a turnover.
Grab some powdered sugar.
Turn on your favorite, inspiring music.
And welcome to the wonderful world of turnovers!
There’s no turning back now!
Triple Berry Turnovers
- 1 package of puff pastry thawed
- 4 ounces of cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of orange zest
- cup ½of triple berry preserves
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 3 tablespoons of coarse white sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Beat egg and water in a small bowl, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add in cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, and orange zest. Whisk together until smooth. Set aside.
- On a floured surface, unfold one puff pastry and roll one baking sheet to create a 12 inch square. Cut into four even sections, repeat with the other pastry.
- Divide the cream cheese mixture evenly between the four puff pastries, top with 2 tablespoons of preserves. Brush the edges with egg mixture. Top with another puff pastry. Pinch the edges together and crimp ends with a fork.
- Brush the top of the pastry pies with egg mixture, cut three small slits on top of the pies. Sprinkle with coarse sugar. Place pies onto baking sheets. Bake 22-25 minutes, or until the pies are golden colored.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for ten minutes.