You’ll Love this Authentic Recipe for Jalapeño Poppers!
My family loves appetizers!
This recipe is perfect for game night, family night, and any special holiday!
I love it when friends and family spy a tray of appetizers on the serving table.
They know they’ve hit the jackpot!
Who doesn’t love to dig into some cheesy, fried comfort food?
I’ll be honest. Homemade fried recipes can be a little daunting.
But this recipe truly comes together beautifully…with creaminess and spiciness tucked inside each popper!
Look at how pretty they are when they’re all rolled up waiting to be breaded and sunk into your favorite frying oil!
How to Cut a Jalapeno
Whatever you do, please don’t cut jalapeños without wearing gloves.
The oils in the peppers can cause burns on your hands…ouch!
The spice in jalapeños is found in the seeds and inner membranes.
To reduce the heat in this recipe, clean out all of the inner membrane and seeds.
If you like more heat, leave a little bit of membrane.
Now onto the actual cutting:
- 1. Put on gloves!!
- 2. Slice jalapenos in half lengthwise.
- 3. Using a small spoon, scoop out seeds and membranes and discard.
But to a fun touch we’re going to use red and green peppers in our poppers.
Ingredients Needed for Jalapeño Poppers
Softened Cream Cheese.
Yes, it needs to be softened!
Shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
Only uses sharp. none of that mild, wimpy stuff.
Colby Jack Cheese.
Adds another layer of cheese!
Red Bell Peppers.
Adds a pop of color!
The main star of the recipe!
Panko Bread Crumbs.
This gives the outer layer a big crunch! You can find them here.
All purpose flour.
This creates the breading part.
This holds the beautiful coating together.
Creates the egg wash.
More Tips for Making Jalapeño Poppers
Are you ready to dig into some cheesy, but oh-so-peppery yumminess!
Wrap it all into a perfectly battered ball and you have a comfort foodie’s holiday dream — cheesy jalapeño poppers!
Enjoy the specks of red in green as you watch the cheese just ooze out when you chomp into one of these appetizers.
Psst! Our family could eat this for a mini course — but thats just us! ;0)
Grab your ingredients and prepared to have your senses indulged with some comfort food all wrapped into cheesy pepper poppers!
More Cheesy Appetizer Recipes:
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 8 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 oz shredded colby jack
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 jalepeno peppers, deseeded and diced
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- Mix together all three cheeses with the red pepper and jalapenos until thoroughly incorporated.
- Roll into 1 ½ inch balls, then put in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Create an egg wash by adding two tablespoons of water to the eggs and beating for about 10 seconds.
- Coat balls in flour, then egg and finally the panko bread crumbs.
- Heat deep fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Fry for about 1 ½ mins or until golden brown.
- Drain excess oil and serve with ranch dipping sauce.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 25 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g