This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MyPublixWin
Our family loves celebrating special events, seasons and victories!
Football season is no different!
My teen son is an avid football fan, and our family joins right in with his fan spirit by celebrating with awesome food, our favorite drinks and wearing our team colors!
And these supreme pizza egg rolls?
They’re always a hit during the football festivities!
They’re easy to grab, eat and perfect for tailgating!
Packed with ground beef, cheese, bacon, onions and peppers, these are a hungry teen boy’s favorite pick during a football game!
If you’re looking for a football themed dessert to top things off, definitely check out these double chocolate football cupcakes!
But pizza egg rolls taste best when they’re enjoyed with a cold glass of Dr Pepper®.
Dr Pepper became my go-to soft drink when I was growing up.
I totally blame my Grandma for this…or rather THANK her for this! <3
My Grandma always gave me Dr Pepper, poured over ice, in a classic cartoon collectible glass when she served me pizza.
For my Grandma, only Dr Pepper was good enough for our pizza night.
I couldn’t agree more!
We even dipped our pizza crust in the Dr Pepper to soak up the Dr Pepper flavor.
Shhh! Don’t tell anyone I said that…ha!
I want to keep my pizza and Dr Pepper tradition alive with my teen son who loves his football games.
During halftime, we can dig into supreme pizza eggs rolls, drink Dr Pepper and talk about memories of Grandma. Because family traditions are a MUST!
There’s no question why pizza eggs rolls and Dr Pepper are perfect for college football games.
Dr Pepper has been a part of college football for over 25 years!
In fact, it’s the official drink of college football fans. It’s rich, indulgent and has a one of a kind flavor.
If you’ve tried it, you know exactly what I’m talking about!
And if you don’t like Dr Pepper, I’m afraid we can’t be friends.
Totally kidding. Sort of…
At least, we can’t eat pizza or pizza egg rolls together.
That’s just how it has to be — wink, wink!
Shopping for your Dr Pepper stash and pizza egg roll ingredients doesn’t have to be stressful.
You can grab all the ingredients at your local Publix.
Publix is my favorite grocery store.
In all the years I’ve shopped there (even before I got married!), I’ve never had a bad experience.
Knowing I can get ready for football memories with my son by taking a few shopping trips to Publix is just an added perk to enjoying football season!
So you can stock up on Dr Pepper for college football season, save $1 on any 2, 2 Liter Dr Pepper products right here. Valid through September 14 (while supplies last).
You can also enter a Dr Pepper sweepstakes!
Grand Prizes: Each winner receives (2) tickets to SEC Championship Game, 1-night hotel stay + airfare vouchers. (50) Instant win Prizes: $50 Gift Cards Visit this site for more details NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Must be U.S. legal resident residing in AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN or VA, 18 or older. For Official Rules/mail-in entry, print your name and residential address on a 3×5 card & mail to: 2018 Dr Pepper Southeast SEC Football Championships Sweepstakes, PO Box 6136, Dept. P, Clear Lake, MN 55319. Mark env. with entry or rules. Sponsor: Dr Pepper/Seven Up, Inc., 5301 Legacy Drive, Plano, TX 75024. DR PEPPER IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF DR PEPPER/SEVEN UP, INC. ©2018 DR PEPPER/SEVEN UP, INC.
Let’s chat few minutes about the perfect way to cook up these pizza egg rolls.
If you want egg roll wrapping tips, be sure to check out our crab rangoon egg rolls!
Tips for Cooking Egg Rolls
- When wrapping the egg rolls, make sure you wrap them super tight. This keeps the yummy filling (all that pizza goodness) from falling out.
- Do not place eggs rolls in oil until oil is thoroughly heated.
- Only cook egg rolls until they are a light golden brown. You want them crunchy, but not burnt! They can transform from medium brown to burnt super fast!
- Drain egg rolls so they’re not greasy.
- Enjoy immediately or pack for your tail-gating adventure! Don’t freeze and bake egg rolls. You won’t get the same crunchiness that egg roll fans crave!
Ready to create your own pizza egg rolls for college football season? Psst! Don’t forget, they taste best beside a glass of Dr Pepper. Pinky promise!
Grab the recipe below and get ready for a college football party in your mouth!
Easy Supreme Pizza Egg Rolls
- 1 1/2 pounds 1-1/2 lbs. ground beef, cooked and crumbled cooked, crumbled and drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can or jar pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced pepperoni chopped
- 8 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 yellow onions diced
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1 16 oz package egg roll wrappers can use wonton wrappers if egg roll wrappers are not available. Do NOT use rice paper that looks like egg roll wrappers!
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- grated Parmesan cheese for dusting or garnish
- Italian seasoning for garnish
- cooking oil
- Saute onions and green pepper in two tablespoons of vegetable oil until soft and translucent. Set aside.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat; crumble beef into skillet and cook until no longer pink Drain.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in sautéed onions, peppers, cooked and crumbled bacon (Think bacon bits) pizza sauce and pepperoni.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup beef mixture over each egg roll wrapper; top with 2 tablespoons cheese. Roll according to wrapper package directions, sealing edges with water.
- Pour oil to 1/2-inch depth in large saucepan; heat to 350°F or until very hot, but not smoking. Carefully add several egg rolls to hot oil (do not crowd pan). Cook 1-1/2 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Transfer to paper towels to drain. Repeat with remaining egg rolls. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning Serve!