These Crab Rangoon Taquitos are a Creative Twist to Traditional Crab Rangoon!
Want to mix things up mix things up a little, but still use flavors everyone knows and loves?
Crab rangoon taquitos to the rescue!
This fun appetizer is a unique combination of everyone’s favorite finger foods — crab rangoon and taquitos!
We even get a little fancy and add a fresh raspberry and jalapeno salsa for dipping.
Not only does it add color and flair, but the sweet and sour flavor combo in the salsa complements the cheese-filled, baked taquitos.
Oh, did I forget to mention that part earlier?
The taquitos are baked, so you can make them all at once while you wrap up other important party or meal details.
Start by making the salsa, which can be made up to a day in advance.
I’d recommend at least an hour in advance so you give the flavors time to blend. Plus, no one likes warm salsa…we want a chilled bowl of salsa every time!
And the salsa recipe is a cinch to make!
Simply combine all the ingredients in a bowl and use a basic potato masher to create a nice chunky salsa.
Or you can cheat, like I do sometimes, and toss it all in your blender and pulse a few seconds.
I’m all about easy recipes!
Cover and refrigerate that gorgeous salsa until you’re ready to serve.
Let’s Make Crab Rangoon Taquitos!
The taquitos are super simple to assemble.
You’re going to take all the crab rangoon ingredients..
- The cream cheese…
- Minced garlic…
- Worcestershire sauce…
Every filling ingredient!
And you’re going to mix it together using any method you like…just as long as all the flavors are blended well.
Now, take that yumminess and tuck it inside every little taquito.
Just fill and roll.
Fill and roll.
Now, stand back and admire those cheese-filled cuties.
Extra Tip to Perfectly Bake the Taquitos
To make the taquitos nice and crispy, spray with either non-stick cooking spray, cooking oil mist an oil of your choice.
Bake, and serve warm!
Don’t cover, refrigerate and serve later.
These crab rangoon taquitos (just like this crab rangoon casserole) should always get special treatment…and that means they’re always served warm!
These taquitos will be a favorite for your family and party guests!
Go ahead and surprise them with an amazing recipe they’ll never forget!
Recipe is below..simply download and print!
Have a yummy, crab-rangoon filled day!
- 6 oz fresh raspberries
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh jalapenos
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 10 6 inch corn tortillas, or a corn/flour blend
- 12 oz cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz crab meat, drained and checked for shell pieces
- 1 clove finely minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp fresh chives or green onions, finely diced
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp chipotle powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- cooking spray or oil for misting
- Make the salsa by combining all ingredients in a bowl and mashing together using a potato masher to make a chunky salsa.
- Adjust seasoning to taste and then cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- When you are ready to make the taquitos, preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Combine the cream cheese, crab meat, garlic, lime juice, chives, Worcestershire, chipotle, and salt in a bowl and mix with a fork until well combined.
- Soften the tortillas by placing them on a microwave safe plate covered with a damp paper towel and microwave 20 seconds.
- Take the first tortilla, add about 3 tablespoons of filling, and roll. Cut in half and place on the baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Spray the tortillas with cooking oil and bake 15-20 minutes until lightly golden with crisp edges.
- Remove from oven.
- Allow to set 5-10 minutes on the pan and then serve immediately with the chilled, raspberry dipping salsa.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g