Crab rangoon is a fave comfort food of foodies!
We took that comfort food love and created crab rangoon egg rolls.
They were a hit — a VIRAL hit!
And we got a tad bit adventurous and whipped up some Crab Rangoon Taquitos with Raspberry Salsa.
So. Crazy. Yummy.
So we got a little bit crazier and created — wait for it — Cheesy Crab Rangoon Casserole.
This recipe is packed with fresh ingredients so you feel good when dig into this cheesy, hearty, crab rangoon lover’s casserole!
Don’t worry — we added the fresh green onions that true crab rangoon fans crave!
Make sure you cook them up smooth, firm and fluffy!
Cook your noodles just long enough so they don’t get mushy in the casserole!
Casseroles are just what busy families need — it’s comfort food you can rely on!
We used broad noodles in this cheesy, crab rangoon casserole dish.
Here’s a super busy family hint for this recipe: if you’re in a crazy BIG hurry, you can change up this dish to fit your time-saving meal needs.
Time-saving Crab Rangoon Casserole Tips
Skip baking the Crab Rangoon Casserole.
Toss all ingredients into a skillet and combine with cooked noodles.
Heat and stir until everything is warm and bubbly.
Skip the topping on the Crab Rangoon Casserole.
Just cook on your stove and skip the topping.
Psst! These time-saving tips should only be used in emergencies…;0)
Because a baked casserole with a crunchy topping is the KING of ultimate comfort foods!
P.S. — Some readers said they DOUBLED the topping for additional crunch. I think I’ll do that too!
Crab Rangoon Casserole is Extra Cheesy!
But, the above time-saving tips will still give you a cheesy, hearty and super yummy recipe that noodle and crab lovers crave!
Ingredients Needed for Crab Rangoon Casserole:
Casserole Ingredient #1: Cream cheese.
This makes the casserole extra creamy!
Casserole Ingredient #2: Butter.
You’ll need some for the filling and topping.
Casserole Ingredient #3: Shredded Parmesan Cheese.
This version of parmesan is way better than the “shaker type” of parmesan cheese.
Casserole Ingredient #4: Noodles.
We used no yolk noodles, but you can use Penne pasta, spiral noodles, or bowtie pasta!
Casserole Ingredient #5: Green onions
This adds a fun flavor and aa pop of color!
Casserole Ingredient #6: Crab Meat.
You can use freshly canned or imitation. Both make a heart casserole!
More Hearty Casseroles You’ll Love!
Want to Have A BIG list of Recipes at your fingertips?
It’s ready immediately!
- 16 ounces package cream cheese, softened
- 30 ounces package imitation crab, you can also use the real deal
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tsps worsheshire sauce
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- No Yolk noodles, cooked according package directions
- FOR THE SAUCE:
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- FOR THE TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Mix all filling ingredients together until incorporated.
- To make the sauce, melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- Add flour and cook for a minute or two. Slowly stirring constantly add milk. Keep stirring until sauce thickens.
- Place noodles in a 9x13 baking pan.
- Spread cream cheee mixture over noodles. Then pour sauce on top.
- Add an additional layer of noodles, then the cream cheese mixture and pour the sauce over that layer.
- Cover with foil and bake in a 350* oven for 30 minutes.
- While casserole is baking, combine parmesan cheese, panko crumbs, and butter in a small bowl.
- Remove foil and sprinkle with topping.
- Set the oven to broil.
- Place casserole under broiler for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g