Some nights my family needs warm, comfy, cheesy food in a hurry. That’s where this simple, creamy chicken Alfredo comes in! Layers of creamy cheese topped with fresh parsley and shredded Parmesan make the perfect weeknight entree that any family will love!
This dish is also perfect for busy moms like you. You won’t believe how simple it is to throw this oh-so yummy dish together!
In fact, I often make it for guests because it’s restaurant-style and fancy schmancy enough for dinner guests. But, it gives me enough time to work on a fantastic salad and luxurious dessert to top off the perfect meal. I can also spend extra time getting my house squeaky clean and visitor friendly.
Whether it’s your family that you’re trying to impress or some long-time friends, this dish does the trick — without a lot of hassle!
For many years I thought I could only get this cheesy, yummy goodness in Italian or seafood restaurants, but I was so wrong. Those restaurants were keeping their lips sealed on how simple it was to make chicken or crab alfredo. I can get this dish on the table in 30 minutes or less! Go ahead and set your timer if you don’t believe me — I DOUBLE dog dare you!
Back in the dark ages, before I had internet, my brother was kind enough to Google alfredo recipes for me. He searched and searched until he found the one we both thought sounded irresistible.
After a few tries, I changed it up a bit to meet my family’s taste preferences, and that is the recipe you are reading right now! Man, are you lucky!
This recipe is so simple I even get my kids involved!
The older kids chop up the crab or chicken and my younger ones toss the pasta in the water before I boil the water. (I know. I cheat on that step, but it’s much safer if kids are helping out!) As I finish mixing all the yummy flavors together, my kids are setting the table.
It works like clockwork, and everyone holds their plates up in anticipation for this cheesy, alfredo recipe. Mmm…excuse me while I wipe my drool!
Do you have a dinner guest who eats a gluten free diet? I just serve this as a cheesy soup sans the noodles. Sometimes I serve it for my gluten-free guests over white rice or gluten-free pasta.
Ready for a quick-meal that tastes like upscale take-out? Ok. Get ready, get set, cook!
Creamy Chicken Alfredo
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 8 oz. package fettuccine noodles cooked and drained
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 6 cloves garlic peeled and crushed
- 2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon oregano
- Cook fettuccine noodles according to package directions and set aside.
- In large saucepan, saute diced chicken in 2 Tablespoons oil.
- Cook until no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Next, add garlic and cook for one minute.
- Then, add seasonings, butter, whipping cream and cheese.
- Cook on med-low heat until cheese is melted and all ingredients are thoroughly incorporated throughout the dish.
- Serve Alfredo sauce over prepared noodles.