Who Doesn’t Love Heart-shaped Treats During Valentine’s Day?
I love delighting my children with special, seasonal treats.
These heart-shaped rice krispie treats took less than an hour to prepare.
It’s a perfect and fun recipe for a busy mom like you!
I had them wrapped and ready for school lunch boxes in fifteen minutes!
Heart-shaped Rice Krispie Treats Make Great Snacks for Kids!
Kids love these treats — get ready to see some smiles!
Want to add some fun and giggles to your next Valentine’s party?
Bring these easy treats along!
These also make cute teacher gifts.
Everyone Loves Heart-shaped Rice Krispie Treats!
Don’t forget your neighbors — they’ll love them too!
If your school or group permits homemade treats, I highly recommend using more than one heart-shaped cookie cutter — trust me on this one!
You can see how yummy and easy these treats are in the below!
I made a total of 5 batches — purple, green, pink, orange, and yellow — all the colors of Valentine’s conversation hearts!
To add an extra touch of fun, you can pipe some messages onto the hearts!
To make these colorful treats gift friendly, wrap them in a plastic bag fitted with white, jute twine.
You can now take them to a bake-sale.
These are also perfect for a sweet Valentine or party favor.
So many possibilities!
Kids Love Making Heart-shaped Rice Krispie Treats
Kids will love buttering up their clean hands and pressing the warm Rice Krispie mixtures into the cookie cutters.
Watch their amazement as a heart-shaped Rice Krispies Treat pops out!
Kids can also help drizzle icing and sprinkle sugar crystals over each heart.
What kind of special treats do you make?
Want to make your own?
Here’s what to do!
Heart-shaped Rice Krispie Treat Pops
Heart-shaped rice krispie treats are super colorful, crazy yummy, and a cinch to make! They're perfect for celebrating Valentine's Day!
- 4 Tablespoons butter, (unsalted)
- 1 bag mini marshmallows, (16 oz)
- 1 box Rice Krispies, (18 oz; one cup per batch)
- 1 heart-shaped cookie cutter
- lollipop sticks, (6 in sticks)
- rainbow sugar crystals
- food dye, (various colors)
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- Melt 1/2 tbsp butter with 2 drops of food dye.
- Fold in 1 cup of mini marshmallows until they are completely melted.
- Add one cup of rice krispies and stir until mixed well and all the cereal is completely coated.
- Butter your hands and the cookie cutter.
- Gently press a scoop of Rice Krispies mixture into the cookie cutter.
- Push it out onto the parchment paper. You should now have 1 rice Krispie.
- Repeat for remaining treats and let treats cool completely.
- Once treats are cooled, press lollipop sticks into the bottom of each treat.
- Mix 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar with 2 tbsp of milk.
- Drizzle over treats.
- Sprinkle rainbow sugar crystals over the fresh icing.
Enjoy and share your treats with friends and family!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
*Affiliate links have been added to some awesome resources!*