These Dessert Cups are Great for Summer!
Warmer weather means lots of sand and no bake desserts!
You can make their twins, the classic dirt cups, next week!
Celebrate sunshine with these super simple and easy sand cup desserts!
Smashed cookie crumbs are always on my “fun” menu!
During hot weather days I’m always trying out super simple desserts.
You know the ones — they take minutes to make and are super easy to clean up.
I don’t want to spend all day in the kitchen.
There are too many summer activities calling my name!
And let me tell you what a busy mom always needs to have in her pantry.
Ready? Instant pudding mix.
You can make oodles of recipes (like these pudding cookies!) with that magic yumminess.
Sure, I make pudding from scratch probably every other month, but I love how crazy easy and simple whipping up a box of pudding is.
Many times I hand my six-year-old the pudding package, a few cups of milk and a hand whisk.
He whips up a small batch of pudding in minutes and feels like a hero!
We always add cookies or whipped cream for an easy “extra” touch to instant pudding.
Oh, and guess what?
Kids will love helping with this recipe!
They get to separate the cream from the cookie!
Then, they get to smash, smash and smash some more cookies!
When I make recipes like this, I never have to call my kids into the kitchen — they come running!
And psst! You’ll only need the ingredients below — plus some “not pictured” whipped cream.
And what kid doesn’t want to add edible worms to food?
Yeah, totally gross in my book, but kids?
They love the gross stuff, don’t they?
But the neon colors of these worm candies even make a mom enjoy the dessert cups!
Oh, and these are budget-friendly.
You can grab the dessert cups at almost any local dollar store.
Cheap, fun and simple — that’s my kind of summer dessert!
Looking for dirt cups with worms?
We have those too!
You can find the simple recipe for dirt and worms here.
Ready to dig in and make this crazy easy recipe?
Check it out below! It’s printable too!
- 1 1/2 instant vanilla pudding, family size
- 4 1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 cup whipped cream or cool whip
- 30 Golden Oreo Cookies, crushed
- 1 package sour brite crawlers, minis
- Separate cream from cookies and set aside in a bowl.
- Make pudding (follow instructions on box.)
- Add-in the left-over cream from the cookies to the pudding and mix until smooth.
- Place in fridge for 5 minutes to set.
- Fold in whipped cream or whipped topping.
- Place cookies in a food processor and process until cookies have a sand-like texture.
- Fill each cup 1/3 cup full with cookie crumbs.
- Spoon pudding mixture on top.
- Add another layer of cookie crumbs.
- Garnish with worms.
- Enjoy immediately or refrigerate up to 48 hours.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g