Watermelon Cupcakes are Super Simple and Cute!
It’s time for watermelon season!
That means watermelon cake balls and watermelon cupcakes!
Cupcakes bake super quickly and are perfect for all those summer parties!
Green and pink colors always make me want to run, jump and pick some flowers!
Those colors scream “fun!” in a thousand languages!
My husband just asked me, “Aren’t watermelons red, green and black?”
Well, maybe in REAL life, but in a beautiful, colorful, cake decorating world I prefer pink and green — just because I can.
Watermelon Cupcakes Use Mini Chocolate Chips
So that’s why these watermelon cupcakes are pink and green — aren’t they cute?
Plus I love adding chocolate chips to anything!
Using these bright colors really contrasts the dark-colored chocolate chips to make the perfect picture watermelon seeds!
Cutest watermelon seeds on earth — not to mention the yummiest!
Bake Watermelon Cupcakes with Your Kids
I love baking with my kids!
I started baking with my kids when my oldest was only three years old.
Now he’s 19 and I can rarely cook or bake in the kitchen alone.
Once the kids hear me clanging around in the kitchen, they start running and grab stirring spoons, ingredients, and jump in and help.
It’s recipes like these easy watermelon cupcakes (and these flower cupcakes!) that sparked their love for baking and cooking.
One of my daughters wants to own a baking blog in a few years!
Wouldn’t that be fun?!
Want to encourage your kids to bake?
Bake super-fun goodies and it will be no sweat!
Can You Make Watermelon Cupcakes Ahead of Time?
One of our best party secrets is making and freezing food ahead of time!
Cupcakes and and cookies are great for freezing ahead!
Don’t freeze the frosting ahead!
You can bake and free the cupcakes a few weeks ahead and make the frosting 1-2 days ahead. That way on the day you want to serve the cupcakes you’ll just need ot defrost, pipe, and decorate!
Enjoy these super-cute watermelon cupcakes and don’t forget to check out my best tips for making a bakery-style cake from cake mix!
No one will know these cupcakes are from a box!
- 1 box Funfetti Vibrant Green Cake Mix
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup cooking oil
- Funfetti Vibrant Pink Icing
- 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
- Mix cake mix, water, vegetable oil and eggs according to the cake mix box. Before mixing, it looked blue but once you start mixing, it turns to vibrant green!
- Line one muffin pan lines with cupcake liners.
- Pour cupcake mix into a measuring cup for easy pouring. Pour the cupcake mix into the cupcake pan, making sure not to fill all the way to the top.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- - Scoop the pink icing into an icing bag or a ziploc bag. I used a Wilton Tip 1M to pipe on the frosting on top of the cupcake.
- - Frost each cupcake with the pink icing and then put on mini chocolate chips for "seeds".
- Let cupcakes cool.
- Scoop the pink icing into an icing bag or a ziploc bag. I used a Wilton Tip 1M to pipe on the frosting on top of the cupcake.
- Frost each cupcake.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top for watermelon seeds.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g