The best part of warmer evenings and more daylight hours is getting to grill outside. Who doesn’t love burgers and hot dogs on the grill? But, it’s a rare occasion when our family gets to grill out — but we still love burgers made at home! What’s my solution? Easy skillet burgers. These burgers still pack a powerful taste, but only take minutes to make — on the stove!
Broiled hamburgers are yummy too, but skillet burgers are just so much quicker and easier for my family. And, can I tell you a secret? I could eat these every night if calories didn’t matter — wink, wink!
Skillet burgers are also an easy weeknight meal for you busy moms out there! Throw in some easy sides like a bag of chips, baked potatoes or salad to serve your family a REAL meal — but one that only takes minutes to make and clean up!
And to make some of the most amazing burgers on the planet, you need more than just salt and pepper. You really do.
Did I ever mention that I love cooking shows and magazines? If I’m sick, you can almost guarantee I am catching up on recipes and cooking tips while I recover! OK, so why did I tell you that? Because I got the most AWESOME cooking tip from one of my favorite chefs, Bobby Flay. Want to know the tip? Or course you do! Here it is, so take notes!
Don’t smash the burger down with your spatula.
Did you get it? Simple, but true. When you smash it down you push out all the yummy juices that pack a lot of flavor. I know, I know, it feels oh-so-natural to just smash that burger down when you flip it, but don’t. And only flip it once — not over and over again. That is what makes a super-juicy burger!
Enjoy my fave skillet burger recipe ever and share your burger tricks and tips with us on social media! I would love to hear from you over there!
Easy Skillet Burgers
- 2 pounds 80/20 ground beef if using lean, you will need to add one or two tablespoons of oil to your meat mixture
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons cooking oil
- Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Shape into six burgers that are approximately 1/4 inch thick.
- In large skillet, heat two tablespoons of cooking oil on medium high heat and then add the burgers, 2-3 at a time, depending on the size of your skillet.
- Cook on medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes, then flip to opposite side and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes. Enjoy!