Sweet and salty s’mores are one of those treats that everyone loves!
That was our cracker version that’s super simple and crazy yummy.
But we wanted to add another dash of fun to our s’mores adventure…
Maybe get a little bit dangerous…
Enter pretzel s’mores bites!
Crunchy, salty sweetness with the marshmallow, graham cracker, chocolatey goodness we’ve all come to love and respect. ;0)
Wrapped up into one adorable, convenient, delicious BITE!
My favorite part of our non traditional s’mores recipe is that a campfire is never needed.
Yay for that!
Camping is a fun, family adventure, but s’mores are SO good they should be enjoyed whenever a sweet and salty craving strike!
Like right now…
Our sweet and salty’smores recipe use crackers as a super simple base.
And if you’re aw mom, you probably have crackers in your pantry right now…
Got to keep the kids happy with snack food, right?!
And these s’mores are so simple that kids and teens can make them.
Perfect for a family fun night treat!
This creative recipe uses broken pretzels, covered in chocolate to create a base.
Chocolate covered pretzels….
Best. Snack. Ever.
On top of your chocolatey pretzel base, you’ll add even more chocolate, and your buttery, crushed graham cracker crumbs.
Now, I know you’re busy.
We all are.
But please don’t use pre-crushed graham crackers.
Any s’mores snob will let you know it’s just not the same.
You should believe them. They’re telling you the truth.
Even for our easy desserts that use a graham cracker crust, I try to only use a homemade graham cracker crust.
Seriously, it’s just crushing up graham crackers, adding a pinch of salt and a few tablespoons of butter.
It’s buttery delicious!
If you use the store-bought, remade stuff, it’s just not as flavorful. It’s like beef bologna vs. chopped steak.
There’s a BIG difference in quality!
Oh, we also have a s’mores cracker candy recipe I think you’ll love too!
As always, it’s simple to make!
If you’re looking for a smokers frozen treat, these s’mores, frozen yogurt bars are always a hit! YUM!
If you want the toasty flavored added to these, feel free to brown the tops of the pretzel s’mores in your oven.
Completely not necessary, but some of us like our marshmallows burnt!
You can definitely do a peanut butter, butterscotch or white chocolate version of this too. Just switch out the same amount of the traditional milk chocolate chips with the other fun flavors.
Here’s a butterscotch s’mores recipe that helps show some other flavor ideas for a yummy combination!
S’mores are an easy classic treat that’s easily dressed up.
We even have a Nutella Christmas s’mores version that we love!
Ready to make this simple treat?
Recipe follows below!
Easy Pretzel Smores Bites
- 2 cups chopped pretzels
- 2 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup crushed graham crackers
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- dash of salt
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- Line 12 muffin tins with square pieces of wax paper.
- Place chopped pretzel pieces in a bowl.
- Using the double boiler method, melt 2 cups of your chocolate chips.
- Remove from heat and pour into your bowl of pretzels and fold.
- In clumps, place coated pretzels at the bottom of each section of the muffin tin. This will act as your s’more base.
- Place the muffin pans or pan in the fridge for one hour to set the chocolate.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Farhenheit.
- Mix together butter, salt and cracker crumbs.
- Spread onto a cookie sheet and bake for eight minutes.
- Remove muffin pans and gently remove each s'mores base.
- Melt remaining chocolate and spread on top of each pretzel base. Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs on top, then add the marshmallows!
- Optional: For a toastier taste and look, place s'mores pretzel bites on a baking sheet and broil for just 20 seconds. Be careful not to melt the chocolate of the pretzel base!
- These are freezable! Freeze them separately on a cookie sheet that's lined with weed paper. Once frozen, you can keep them in a covered container in the freezer for one month. Pretzels may not be as crunchy though!