Holiday egg nog meets vanilla cake in this delicious recipe for Egg Nog Pound Cake. Add a dusting of powdered sugar to the top and you’ll have the perfect dessert to serve during your holiday festivities.
With the holiday season just around the corner, what are you most looking forward to? Is it serving up a steamy cup of hot chocolate after hours of playing in the snow with the kids?
Are you looking forward to the holiday parties with trays of delicious treats and glasses of creamy egg nog? Or are you excited about relaxing by a warm fire and sipping coffee with that friend whose coming home for the holidays?
Enjoy your fave holiday drink in thisEgg Nog Pound Cake with the delicious flavor of egg nog that you love mixed with the melt in you mouth, buttery sweetness of a pound cake. Follow the recipe below to whip up this delicious treat just in time for the holidays!
- 6 tbsp. butter (softened)
- 2 c sugar
- 1 c egg nog (I used International Delight's Very Vanilla Nog.)
- 5 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3 c flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar with an electric mixer.
- Add the sugar and egg nog.
- Beat the eggs with a whisk in a separate bowl. Pour them in with the other ingredients.
- Add vanilla, baking powder, flour, and salt to your batter. Beat on medium until all of the ingredients are blended together.
- Spoon your batter into a cake pan or silicon baking mold.
- Set the oven to 350 degrees and bake until the cake is golden brown.*
- *Baking times will vary depending on your pan. Mini bundt cakes will take about 20-30 minutes. A larger cake may need 45-60 minutes.